How can I add to Albums

kombizz

If I would have known that they were going to remove all my photo album organization, dates, locations, keywords, map location, etc., then I wouldn't have spent hours entering in all that information. Also, if Photo.net valued it's members, they would have informed us in advance of the substantial changes (downgrade) planned, with what to expect, a timeline, etc. I would consider those just basic courtesies. 

I can only guess that "platform is the limiting factor", means that a decision was made to reduce costs by reducing the functionality of Photo.net.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, clayton_m said:

I can only guess that "platform is the limiting factor", means that a decision was made to reduce costs by reducing the functionality of Photo.net.

If you'd read various recent threads where the new administration addresses these issues, you might have guessed differently.

41 minutes ago, clayton_m said:

Also, if Photo.net valued it's members, they would have informed us in advance of the substantial changes (downgrade) planned

There were many threads before the platform change alerting us to the fact that major changes were coming. It doesn't seem like people foresaw how complex a process this was. Communication was regular at first, then dropped off completely for a couple of months. Communication started up again in earnest and a lot of changes for the better have been made in the last couple of weeks.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"

• 2 weeks later...

My feeling is that no consideration was given to the old members who entered and rated many photographs.
Sure, there were discussions, but what was the alternative for a user? Remove everything and go somewhere else?
I work in IT and I know the problems of migrations, but when I replace an old system with a new one I try to at least guarantee the old functionality.
If cost is the problem, then patience we make do with what is there.