Archways

jc1305us

Hoboken, NJ has some cool details, this being one. I couldn't get a head on shot, as there were telephone lines hanging down in front which would have ruined the shot. Thought about making this black and white but the colors won out. Thoughts?

Sony a7ii, ISO 320, f 5.0 200/sec

HobokenDoors.jpg

Edited by jc1305us
  • Like 2
  • Yes! 1

I feel like black and white is often best when there are good dramatic shadows and lots of contrast, I’d have to see it in black and white, but I think you made the right choice with color. Something I’ve been trying is using things that I think might “ruin” a shot and using them to frame the image. Depending on the lens and angle you could get on this maybe a real tight shot of just the faces with the power line in the foreground out of focus could be cool? Or even a wide shot? This image is the best I can find to give you an example of what I mean. Hope it helps! 

786D8DDA-9736-4841-8B34-EBC1BB82A48E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, jc1305us said:

Hoboken, NJ has some cool details, this being one. I couldn't get a head on shot, as there were telephone lines hanging down in front which would have ruined the shot. Thought about making this black and white but the colors won out. Thoughts?

Sony a7ii, ISO 320, f 5.0 200/sec

HobokenDoors.jpg

See above post 😂😂😂 I goofed 

• Like 1