Sony A7C with Metz 24 AF- 1 for Nik

Sandy Vongries

I think it the camera would fire the flash. No TTL or any communication between flash and camera that is there is no such thing as turning the flash on will set the camera sync speed or something like that. I can't get the manual from Metz website any more so I don't know what kind of features the flash has. It would be quite useable if the flash has A mode which uses the flash own sensor for auto exposure. Also it would be useful if the flash has variable manual power. 

• Like 1

I've used a few SB-series Nikon flashes on my Sony A7r4, and on an a6000. Also used Nikon dedicated 3rd party flashes. As said by BeBu, they fire just fine, but there's no flash automation at all, apart from AA mode - if the flash supports it. 

Sadly, a brief perusal of the manual reveals no AA mode, and not even a mention of manual control over the flash output. 

No Auto Aperture mode = no automatic flash exposure. 

And no manual mode = stuck at full power (or maybe at lowest power). 

I fear you'd be handing your relative a white elephant Sandy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Didn't pass it on, there are no controls on the flash, so everything comes from the camera.  I bought it because it was small and handy for Nikons that lack a built in flash.

Ah, another "might come in handy" for the collection then Sandy. 

I've lost count of the number of flashes I own, but I'm certain it crossed the line of being 'healthy' long ago. 

There's the bag of SB-25s - too nice and well-made to let go. Then the Godox Vings - fast recycling and plenty of shots per charge. Assorted Metz, Osram and Sunpak hammerheads - for when a bit more power is needed. Other oddball designs picked up along the way..... 

Yep, definitely well past a healthy number. 

Edited by rodeo_joe1
  • Like 1