The photographer's paradise

ljherrero

I was surprised to see me dressed in a something similar to a pajamas of satin, mauve; And I say to see myself because I effectively saw myself with external vision. I immediately realized that walking was very easy and light, I was in a lunar gravity and, little to strive, giant strides; I tried -and got- jump and give a complete somersault in the air. He was barefoot, but the floor of the road was soft, something like a cloudy cotton - or cotton cloud - and on both sides they extended pierces upholstered with humid grass of an intense emerald green containing wide red of yellow fluctillas; Too bad, not having a camera! -I thought- and to the point I felt that my right hand held a Kodak retina of the sixties, with its Xenon 1.9/50 installed; I could better a great angle for this landscape; I looked good and I saw that the goal was really a Curtagon 4.0/28; Little angular-I thought-, without remembering that for the reflex Retina there was no shorter focal-and I wanted to have a Nikon F2 at hand with a good Nikkor-UD 3.5/20; said and done! Before I tried to even take any photo I thought it would be great to have a larger format camera and I was no longer surprised to see - without checking the weight - that I was holding a Kowa SuperSix with its creamy 2.8/85. To celebrate its unexpected lightness, I easily launched the camera with my right hand, and upon receiving it with the left I checked that it had become a Pentacon Six with an Arsat fish eye 3.5/30; I thought someone would have noted my taste for the great angles. Seen that the procedure was simple - just wishing it-, I went through the Olympus OM, several Exa and Exakta, the Zorki, the Canon T-90, the Minolta D, the Pentax with its delicious Takumar, until the flow stopped in another Medium format camera: the Graflex Century Graphic, which supposed with its excellent Kodak Ektar 3.7/105 and that, I was not surprised at all, I barely weighed; In addition, for more comfort, a practical grip was brought for the left hand I didn't even have time to think that it would be good
to dispose of Mamiya-Sekor 6.3/65 of Topogon Formula, when I saw that it was the one that was really installed on the Graflex lensboard that also had the 120 film backup with a Tri-X Kodal roll waiting to be used. The landscape was changing, I saw mountains, forests, waterfalls and, in the background, a figures that in the distance could not distinguish whether they would be angels or huríes - both equally surprising possibilities, as was before having ended in a paradise of any kind without being a believer in any- and decided to approach to check it...
I noticed something in my eyes; It was Ton: I had decided that my nap was lasting too much and I was licking my glasses, that I had not taken away before I fell asleep.

(All errors regarding the translation of the original in Spanish (https://epistolariocontingente.blogspot.com/2022/11/el-paraiso-del-fotografo.html) are complete responsibility of the Google automatic translator)  😉