Have I set up this C-stand correctly

joel_b.1

How heavy is your light?  How heavy are your sandbags?  Your setup looks OK to me as long as you're not adding a big soft box or umbrella that would add weight and catch the wind since you're outside. If you plan on doing this a lot you might also look into tent stakes that could be attached to the base of the light stand.  And don't believe everything you see on YouTube...

Errrr... with that setup why not move the stand two foot to the right? You wouldn't need the boom or the sandbags then. 

And that little COB LED is going to have a fight on its hands against daylight. Especially in a softbox. If you're shooting stills a single speedlight is going to beat it hands down, and not need as much counter-weighting either. 

Edited by rodeo_joe1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't extend the center of gravity (CG) beyond the leg circle. The situation in the OP's photo is grossly out of balance, and in risk of tipping. Manfrotto makes clamp-on counterweights which can keep the CG in bounds, as long as the gross weight doesn't exceed the capacity of the stand. I prefer to use triangular folding bases, rather than C-stands. Mine have a "lazy leg" which can be used to keep the center pole vertical.

The closer to the camera, the less boom extension you need to keep it out of the camera FOV.

• 1 month later...

From a safety point of view, you do not have it set up correctly. From behind the stand you want the knuckle and the arm to the right of the stand. This is the “righty tighty /lefty loose” rule. 
Why that is important is because with the weight on the end on the arm, if the arm is to the right of the arm as gravity pulls the weight of the light towards the parts of the knuckle will tighten against each other. With the weight on the left side of the stand,  the converse will happen - the knuckle will loosen against itself. 

• Excellent! 1

• 3 weeks later...

What Ellis said, like this the weight actually tightens the grip head, also, if you attach the head directly onto the boom arm, aka rotate by 90deg, you save yourself the grip head and pin, which will reduce the weight significantly. Then you can actually use the grip head on the other side as a counter weight or even secure additional weight to it. And yes, you can extend beyond the circle of the legs, but keep in mind the overall weight as well as booming over the largest leg with a bag on the other side, preferably free hanging, aka not on the ground.