How Can I get a List of Corrupted/Lost Images - 8K Reported Gone

Phil_Light

I am not sure what images I have lost amongst the 8,000 that were corrupted and lost here. And still no way to see "albums/galleries". Very distressing as is. Is there any update on the album/gallery visibility issue? And how can I get a list of photos that were corrupted and lost? Want to see what may be lost of mine. 

30 minutes ago, Phil_Light said:

I am not sure what images I have lost amongst the 8,000 that were corrupted and lost here. And still no way to see "albums/galleries". Very distressing as is. Is there any update on the album/gallery visibility issue? And how can I get a list of photos that were corrupted and lost? Want to see what may be lost of mine. 

I doubt that is possible.  If it is, it will be in the latter stages of site update.  I have every one of the photos posted here in two other places.  Common sense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sandy Vongries said:

I doubt that is possible.  If it is, it will be in the latter stages of site update.  I have every one of the photos posted here in two other places.  Common sense.

Sandy, thanks for replying. It's not that I don't have the images backed-up or stored in duplicate elsewhere, it's the ready access to online images that is lost for referral or reference. Photo.Net is not the only platform that hosts images, but previously I could quickly download a copy of an image from my online port. Now I can't even see a gallery. If we are paying for a site which hosts our images and it starts to become a huge time suck and inconvenience to retrieve images, I will likely be seeking another option as the current status here seems to be static and floundering. No offense put towards your efforts either. Very appreciative of the thankless work you do here.

Thanks ! Have you tried clicking on your avatar, then images?  Mine come up and there are choices of full screen, thumbnail, or list.  Using excel, if you could copy both lists, you might be able to see what is missing. 

Edit:  The list will not work since it is simply a sortable set of small thumbnails.  I will fool around with it and see if there is a way to get usable data.  Doubtful.

image.thumb.png.99c6440ac1acefba8aae4212454e1a87.png

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 12:26 AM, Phil_Light said:

As @Sandy Vongries suggests, rather than waiting for a complete list of PN photos that were corrupted or lost, it's probably easier (for the moment) to check the list of your own photos. By my count, there are 1759 photos in your list. I notice that the titles of some photos in this list are shown in red. So these might be ones to check first. 

I can't speak for the PN migration team but it's just possible that some photos that weren't correctly transferred during the enormous 'bulk migration' could perhaps be recovered at a later stage. Assuming, of course that they weren't corrupted or missing on the old PN site. And if you find photos that are missing or corrupted, you could of course restore them yourself from a backup.

Alternatively, wait for more news about how and when personal member galleries might be implemented and then check per gallery.

• Like 1