Motherload of Pentax cameras.

jon_shumpert2

I took a little road trip/gamble for a lot of 17 Pentax cameras today. The seller said that 14 of them worked, which turned out not to be the case, but I am still very happy. There are 5 K1000's (4 working), an MX, Spotmatic SP II, and 5 working spotmatics that don't have a meter. They are: H3v, S1a, H1a, SV and H2. There are a few parts cameras and about 8 lenses of K-mount and M42. I have never owned any of the non-metered spotmatics, but will be keeping one and selling the rest. I am also going to be listing all the K1000's because I already have one. I was really excited about the MX because I have been wanting one after my last one stopped working. It has engravings on it and I was wondering if there is a hack for covering or removing engravings.

5 working spotmatics that don't have a meter. They are: H3v, S1a, H1a, SV and H2.

Strictly speaking these are not Spotmatics, rather they are earlier models.

I've never had any success removing engraving, most attempts have just made it look worse. Think of them as part of the camera's history.

What happened to your not working MX? Perhaps you can do a transplant.

The MX had severe shutter problems. I took it to our local repair guy, who had actually worked for Pentax, and he said the shutter would have been very expensive to repair. I let him keep it for parts and waited until I found another one. As for engravings, I have seen individual's names, social security numbers and even company names, but this one has "new crops" engraved on it. I have no clue.