Problem (?) recently upgrading to premium

rws

I recently tried to upgrade to premium but ran into some confusion. The payment page gave an error when I centered my credit card info. I tried twice with one card and once with another. Each attempt produced an error message saying that there was a problem in processing the card. In a while I looked at my account page and to my surprise I found that I am now a premium member (which is what I wanted, of course) and that my account would be up for renewal in 2025. Apparently I received three years of premium membership.

I checked my credit card accounts and found that I was charged once on the first card that I used but not on the second. It seems like a must have bought a year's subscription each time I entered my card info (twice on card 1 and once on card 2) even that the payment page suggested that my payments didn't go through. Is this what happened?

I'll keep checking my credit card accounts and if I bought a year's subscription for three years, that's fine. I would like ot be sure what is going on, though. And if for some unforeseen reason I should decide to cancel my second and/or third year of premium subscription, will it be possible to get a refund for those? Again, there's no need to do that now -- I'm happy having three years of premium. I'd like to find out what happened here, though. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide