W/NW 2022 Pic-O'-The-Week #16

Welcome to week 16. Hope Allan is okay. ...

Leica M10-P

[ATTACH=full]1424422[/ATTACH]

CV 50mm Nokton f/1.1

[ATTACH=full]1424426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1424424[/ATTACH]

CV 40mm Nokton f/1.2

That third shot repays careful study. The background motifs, the carelessly discarded PPE. That's good. Thanks, regards, Arthur

I too hope Allen is ok. Keep safe, Allen. My shots are still rehashes. Well now, post covid, but another east coast low has bought steady rain the last few days, and likely to continue thru much of next week, so can't get out. The last couple of years we have seen a shift in weather patterns here: the traditional monsoon rains, normally January, coming down from the north have failed, and been replaced by east coast low pressures, with rain, often heavy, in March to April/May. What have we done to this earth?.

So the first

imago12.thumb.jpg.622f2a24e84ec111f6fef5c315855c62.jpg

The second shows the folly of focussing on the distant eye

MONO1906.jpg.e6ff7115c58b8b04330604eadbfe1229.jpg

The third is Sandra, a now departed dear friend. Her face betrays possibly two things: a rough life, or possibly a rich life. I prefer the latter. Those of you who have read Bourdieu's 'distinction' will know my thoughts. She is greatly missed.

sandra.thumb.jpg.3bd4fffed08f8a0c6bbc5e6d025ab6dd.jpg

Regards, Arthur. All with my monochrom and 'go-to' 75mm lens. My forays into film this last two weeks have been disastrous. I've been using lomography 'Berlin', rated at 400 ASA, developed in Ilfosol (1:9 for 8 minutes), but it has been either terribly underexposed, or underdeveloped. The negs have been pretty useless.

• Like 5

Hello everyone! I thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I am completely fine, however my mother (who's nearly 92) is in frail health and Thursday evening had to leave the nursing home for the hospital emergency room. I had to travel immediately to Texas (I live in Maryland); with the expert care of those involved, she managed slowly but surely recover and is now stable. I was able to return this afternoon. Again, many thanks for your kind thoughts and comments!

And thanks to you Bill for jumping in to cover for me; I regret not getting in touch with you in advance of Thursday evening but I was just preoccupied. Hopefully I can give you a heads up in a more timely way!

So then, speaking of Texas, this is near my mother's residence, the Enchanted Rock State Natural area, taken with a Leica M8 and a 35mm f/2.5 Voigtländer Color-Skopar PII.

upload_2022-4-23_20-53-30.thumb.jpeg.9473db5ce6e02029a65b47003dbd9526.jpeg

Cheers, Allan

• Like 5

About the old bank. I can look back in time and see two aged men in those chairs, saying hello to everyone and discussing how the old town was vanishing. They would have used the pots as spittoons. I took this in Swannanoa, NC, where indeed the old part of town is in ruins. I moved on to Flat Rock, NC, where the downtown is also crumbling...except for a new plaza built as a gathering spot for teenagers. And the kids were there! Flat Rock faces heavy competition from nearby Asheville, which has become a mecca for young people and a profusion of great food and locally made beer and good street musicians. Edited by royall_berndt