Help to overhaul Konica auto s2

Hello!

I would need to get help to desamble the shutter to put back the shutterblades in correct possiition.

I have a Konica auto S2 that have hade some issues with self timer and the focus ring.

I could fix the self timer and the problem with the focus ring was because one of the screws that holds the shutter had dropped out and blocked the focus.

It was easy to mount back but the problem is that one of the shutter blades came out if possiition because of this.

I have lossen the 3 screws that holds the shutter together but it is something on the side of the shutter cocker arm that still need to be lossen.

I need to take the shutter appart to put the shutterblades back in correct possiition.

For me it looks like the cocker arm need to be removed ore something.

How do I desamble the shutter?

20220407_224328.thumb.jpg.20e1ac320f6216a087dd3a26f82dd25a.jpg

20220407_224341.thumb.jpg.1c3c44154eebc0799089e3b9f1c62a5c.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not sure we can help you, mostly you're on your own with type of repair, except to suggest you send it out for a camera technician to do the job. By sheer coincidence, I am also repairing a Konica, a Konica 111 rangefinder. My shutter is different, but the part with the green arrow on yours in photo #5 is similar to mine, but mine just lifts straight off, why doesn't yours lift straight off ?

These 3 copper screws will lose the shutter.

So I can reach the shutterblades. Problem now is still that it will be super difficult to put them back because of the cocking arm block it.

Ether way I do something completely wrong ore other way this shutter is super difficult to work with.

I have some other yarsica with same shutter so would be good to find out.

1687628_67785d8b66a8b4dbd37f85632e8b23a8.thumb.jpg.ab6882c8fee25f1a8d75b347d148a48a.jpg

I suspect I need to remove this part, but how?

I could be wrong, but the way this appears to be flared, I wonder if it is riveted. Or, perhaps a special tool from the manufacturer was required.

Have you tried the Learn Camera Repair site? It has many service manuals available for download, and articles from SPT Journal.

Learn Camera Repair: Home

Edited by m42dave

That pin (yellow arrow) will have to be extracted from the spindle before you can pull the trigger part out.

[ATTACH=full]1423067[/ATTACH]

This is correct.

I did find a copal manual for yarsica that mention this on page 15.

They recommend some Petri pin puscher tool to remove the in.

It is very stuck so I need to think of something smart to not destry it more.

Any suggestion of any simular tool?

https://learncamerarepair.com/downloads/pdf/SPT-Copal-SVE.pdf

There's a few ways you can try to remove that pin, 1) heat the spindle pretty hot with a cigarette lighter flame or butane torch and use long nose pliers to push the pin as far as it will go, then place another short pin on top and push the pin the rest of the way. 2) Buy a small G clamp and modify it with an angle grinder to grip both sides of the pin and use the screw of the G clamp to push the pin out. 3) Support the spindle on a block of aluminium and drive the pin out using a pin punch and hammer.