W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #6

allancobb

Lovely shot Allancobb. The inner passage is magic. Mine are minimal, and indeed, poorly focussed. All with Leica monochrom and go to 75mm lens.

1259162059_sweetandswampy.thumb.jpg.52fed9714469ddcc929f28fb194ac2f3.jpg

1692665931_sweetandswampy1.thumb.jpg.279e045c461c3a0d9ebdff8270d3b162.jpg

571316426_sweetandswampy2.thumb.jpg.584b5c2d775a8e7ba5db0361d1dfa49c.jpg

Getting old. What did Cicero say: 'the years sweep us away as the gale sweeps away fallen leaves', or something like that. Getting old, and forgetful. Keep safe and regards. Look forward to your photos - these were all from last sunday at the local pub. Arthur.

• Like 5

Lovely shot Allancobb. The inner passage is magic. Mine are minimal, and indeed, poorly focussed. All with Leica monochrom and go to 75mm lens.

[ATTACH=full]1417226[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1417227[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1417228[/ATTACH]

Getting old. What did Cicero say: 'the years sweep us away as the gale sweeps away fallen leaves', or something like that. Getting old, and forgetful. Keep safe and regards. Look forward to your photos - these were all from last sunday at the local pub. Arthur.

Photos and focus all look great to me! But with my eyes, who knows...

• Like 1

You worry too much about about focus, Arthur.

Content, content. That's what is all about for me. Anyway.

[ATTACH=full]1417288[/ATTACH]

That is an exceptional photo. One to build stories around. And there must be a story behind it. I would like to know. Right down to the shoes, what looks like a radiator, what looks like a laminex table, and the double stacked stool. I cannot work out what that instrument is - I initially thought sewing, but it doesn't look like that on reflection. And the intensity and focus of the subject - whatever he's doing, it must have been a passion. And in a suit. These are the things of life, Allen Herbert. To be cherished. In the meantime, I will take your advice. And thank you for your kind words. I will give up on focus from here on in, as best I can. Regards, Arthur

• Like 1

Out of focus, Arthur.

Bright sunshine, and a open door leading into a very dark place. My camera could not cope; and how he could work in such a dark place is a mystery to me. He was very intent on whatever he was working on....and not to be disturbed.

Sometimes a photo, from the photographer and viewer can be a bit of mystery. Is not that a part of the art of photography? The mystery. That little moment in time to speculate on.

• Like 1