Pentax Thursday #78 18 November 2021

Tony Parsons

This is hybrid Pentax/MFT shot. Super Tak 55 on a MFT GF2. I'm not sold on MFT, but I do like it for biking and climbing. Especially the smaller bodies. That said, I still prefer my Pentax SLRs for hiking, paddling and most other adventure photography.

51692128779_edb36729d1_c.jpgMohawk Towpath Scenic Byway - Vischer Ferry Preserve by Justin, on Flickr

This one is pure Pentax...K-1 and DFA 28-105 in the rain.

51682827237_5c5c3c0d83_c.jpgFilmore Glen by Justin, on Flickr

• Like 5

This is hybrid Pentax/MFT shot. Super Tak 55 on a MFT GF2. I'm not sold on MFT, but I do like it for biking and climbing. Especially the smaller bodies. That said, I still prefer my Pentax SLRs for hiking, paddling and most other adventure photography.

Nice bike - takes me back a few years !

• Like 1

Nice bike - takes me back a few years !

Thanks. It's a project bike but went very smoothly, considering. It's a Trek 7900 carbon composite from 1996...no signs of coming unglued (carbon triangle, lugged stays bonded with epoxy, yikes...). Mint garage queen from a middle aged woman and her biking husband with routine maintenance but was mosty unused for the last 15 years or so and lightly used before that. I paid nothing for it during Covid. I'll post a different profile next week (also with a Tak 55mm). It's a custom build from the base hybrid. I was able to keep almost all of the components while expanding the gearing to 900%ish (870% currently but I have a 46T chainring waiting to go on and I can still go increase the tooth capacity on the rear cassette from 32 to 36, which is already up from the original 28). I'm not a fan of 1x or even 2x (although 2x front and a 1x rear intrigues me...maybe I'll build my next bike like that)

I love the bike and will ride it till I can't get rims (which were the truest rims I have owned, including my own hand built). Bike is still immaculate after 500+ miles of class 1-4 gravel this summer/fall.

Not a pentax lens and camera but just an idea of how configurable it can be. I can gravel/self support race it (casually at 21lbs),bikepack it, or gravel grind it. GarminConnect_20211110-212943.thumb.jpg.a8eb943fc0de3736fb38a2124ebe22df.jpg

• Like 1