Last chance to get Meta35!

FPapp

My opinion is this: most companies (and their accountants with the green pens) are only interested in what they will report to shareholders in the next financial statement. It’s all about growth and sales. They don’t want to make available 30 year old software because they are then worried that they will get requests for technical support, drivers, etc. What they should do is archive it and let you download it ‘as is’ and with an understanding they don’t support it anymore. There are probably few people at Nikon that can even remember Photo Secretary anyway. Lacie, for example, provide all their old software and will even give limited technical support. I keep all my software, etc from old printers, scanners, cameras, hard drives, etc going back to MS-DOS days. I have a CD-ROM drive and a floppy external reader and most is archived on a big hard drive anyway. I even have some FORTRAN code from the first year of my degree in 1982! And I never use Macs, only PCs which I build myself, so I am fully in control of what is going on….
But I didn’t have Photo Secretary as I didn’t own an F5 until relatively recently, so thanks a lot for your help. 
G

On 9/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, gwhitegeog said:

Sure. It’s too big to upload here. If you give me your email address I can send it by FTP.

g

Sorry about that, and seems my PM inbox is full here for reasons I'm not sure of.

I always hesitate to post live email publicly, but what the heck

bhutche0@gmail.com

And @BeBu Lamar if you'd be willing to share I'd appreciate it too!

I'll still put out my request too for the Mac version! I can handle floppy disk images if anyone has them. If someone has floppies of it and no way to read/image them but would be willing to loan them to me, I'd be more than willing to image and return them.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, ben_hutcherson said:

Sorry about that, and seems my PM inbox is full here for reasons I'm not sure of.

I always hesitate to post live email publicly, but what the heck

bhutche0@gmail.com

And @BeBu Lamar if you'd be willing to share I'd appreciate it too!

I'll still put out my request too for the Mac version! I can handle floppy disk images if anyone has them. If someone has floppies of it and no way to read/image them but would be willing to loan them to me, I'd be more than willing to image and return them.

I will make floppy images and send it to you. Would be sometimes later in the week. I did offer it to you a long time ago but you insist on a Mac version. 

Edited by BeBu Lamar

9 hours ago, BeBu Lamar said:

Ben

I sent email to you.

I have to use wetransfer because gmail doesn't allow to send zip files. 

I got it, thank you so much!

I will at least keep my eyes open for MC-33, and I'll probably be installing it on a Windows XP laptop I have around here.

I do still wish I could find the Mac version someway or another...