Film Camera Week for September 11

Technical Details:

Mt. Rainier Waterfall

1962 Crown Graphic

Fujinon 90mm 5.6 SWD

F/22 x ~1/8th second (first pic in the sun) x ~1 second (second pic in the overcast)

FP4+ rated at ASA 100

Pyrocat HD in Glycol

8 minutes at 75 degrees per Rick, with a second dousing in the developer AFTER the fix, etc.

Epson V800

bradleycloven said:

Rick, how did I do?

Well, in my humble opinion you did pretty darn well! Both images are really excellent, though I prefer the increased graduation of tones in the second one shot in more overcast conditions. You've certainly captured a huge tonal range, which is what the Pyro development is all about.

I really don't know if introducing the developer for a second time after the fix actually increases the stain. When I started using the Pyro developers there was some debate about the practice on the net, so I just thought "Why not?", and have included it in my procedure ever since. I'll look forward to seeing more of your achievements in the world of Pyro!

• Like 1

bradleycloven said:

Well, in my humble opinion you did pretty darn well! Both images are really excellent, though I prefer the increased graduation of tones in the second one shot in more overcast conditions. You've certainly captured a huge tonal range, which is what the Pyro development is all about.

I really don't know if introducing the developer for a second time after the fix actually increases the stain. When I started using the Pyro developers there was some debate about the practice on the net, so I just thought "Why not?", and have included it in my procedure ever since. I'll look forward to seeing more of your achievements in the world of Pyro!

My previous work in D76 always looked "flat" and "joyless". Technically acceptable, but never glorious.

These in Pyrocat are at least "deep", and being the photographer and developer, the improvement made me catch my breath on first glimpse.

I have a ways to go, but my what an improvement, and completely in the direction I wanted to go.

Thanks again!

• Like 1