slide film

SOME retailers, and some reviews of slide film, like that fuji stuff, make it seem that the immense 20$ cost of the roll includes a "free mailer envelope to a fuji lab in the USA, and prepaid developing costs".

IS that a crack of hooey, or does it have some truth? As i have seen one online camera retailer selling prepaid film mailers with the Fuji logo on them.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if the cost of film includes a prepaid processing mailer? Well, I guess it depends on the retailer. If the retailer says you should get a processing mailer, then you should get one. And so what if retailers sell mailers individually? What's wrong with that?

As an example, here is Velvia 50 for sale at B&H:

FUJIFILM Fujichrome Velvia 50 Professional RVP 50 Color Transparency Film (35mm Roll Film, 36 Exposures)

And here you can buy it with a mailer included:

FUJIFILM Fujichrome Velvia 50 Professional RVP 50 Color Transparency Film with Processing Mailer Kit (35mm Roll Film, 36 Exposures)

Oh, and just for completeness, here's the mailer for sale on its own:

FUJIFILM Slide Processing Mailer for One 35mm or 120 Roll of Film

It seems there's no saving by buying these 2 together, at B&H.

Other US-based retailers are going to have prices in the same ballpark, so I would guess that if you are buying a roll of something like 35mm Velvia for $20, then the processing mailer is not included.

Film photography is expensive, especially reversal film. But for me, it's worth it. To keep my hobby going, I have to pay. But I don't shoot tons of film, so I don't view the cost as prohibitive. There are more expensive hobbies out there!

Edited by Colin O

i guess ill need to channel out my inner valley girl speak,,

"dude, seen sooo many places selling slide film online. SOOOO many are totally making it out like you buy the film, and they send you an envelope that sends the exposed film to some big company lab because they say the developing is so tatally like included in the purchase price of the film"

i guess ill need to channel out my inner valley girl speak,,

"dude, seen sooo many places selling slide film online. SOOOO many are totally making it out like you buy the film, and they send you an envelope that sends the exposed film to some big company lab because they say the developing is so tatally like included in the purchase price of the film"

Thank you for adding that gem to the total repository of human knowledge.