Nikon F2 or Nikkormat EL as platform for non-AI lenses?

Niels - NHSN

As I started the thread saying: It is not like a need one more camera, but having researched the 2 options and listened to all your great input the obvious had to happen. As these pre AI cameras appear to be unappreciated by the market (a market that would happily pay $400+ for a Yashica T4!), I had to end up with both!

50297596812_67dc3c1c89_c.jpg

• Like 5
Niels

The F2 Photomic has to be one of the best bargains around to get your foot in the F2 system, and the center-the-needle meter is nice and clear even though I like the 3-LED F2SB somewhat better.

If you want to go nuts chasing accessories, there's a small illuminator(DW-1? But don't hold me to that) that screws into the eyepiece holder and by a bracket comes up and sits on top of the frosted window. It takes a PX625 battery, although obviously doesn't care about the voltage of it. A button on top turns the lamp on, and you can easily see the needle and other finder readouts in low light. The only issue is you can't see the readouts in daylight very well with it on! I haven't tried it, but it should work with the F2A also.

I haven't tried it, but it should work with the F2A also.

It's a DL-1 Ben, and yes it works on an F2A.

No idea when or where it would be useful. I bought mine out of curiosity, not really knowing what it was. I've never used it in ernest, and a small LED keychain light would do the same job (better) to be honest.