Right Angle Viewer for Z6?

Mary Doo

Unless you choose to manually overide the sensor as Shun mentioned.

Not necessary. I would rather not add an additional layer of work in setting/resetting. Not in the habit of making more work for myself.

Edited by Mary Doo

Unless you choose to manually overide the sensor as Shun mentioned.

I was thinking about the above remark, perhaps I was not clear. Think you were saying that the monitor-view can be concurrently viewed with the viewfinder view if it's manually set? The answer is still "No" because it's either "monitor only" or "viewfinder only".

The default setting is "Automatic". It is in monitor-mode when the eye-sensor is not blocked, and becomes viewfinder-mode when it is blocked with the eye or any object, such as DR-6. This seems the setting that makes the most sense.

The alternatives:

(1) Set it to Monitor-only, then nothing would show through the EVF no matter what you do.

(2) Set it to Viewfinder-only, then nothing shows on the monitor, even if you use a function that normally shows on the monitor.

So unless there is some specific reason to set it to one or the other, the most logical and flexible setting is to do nothing to it.

Think you were saying that the monitor-view can be concurrently viewed with the viewfinder view if it's manually set?

Nope, not thinking that at all.

Unless i'm travelling very light, i use a small Lilliput (7" HD) field monitor via HDMI to get a nice big view for focusing and composition with DSLRs.

I don't have a Nikon Z series yet (!) but a Z6 is on the list.... to pair with my D850.

• Like 1

Nope, not thinking that at all.

Then please let us know WHAT you were thinking. ;) You were disagreeing with my response to you that the LCD goes blank when the eye-sensor is blocked. You seemed to indicate that the LCD can also be seen if it is manually activated.

Edited by Mary Doo