Apple XDR Pro Monitor and ICC Profiles

I cannot help wondering why Apple have decided not to support icc calibration profiles on their new XDR Pro Monitor.

I assume that a factory calibration for various work-flow scenarios is bound to be vastly superior to anything an end user could do with an Xrite i1Studio or SpiderX. But I assume that (ordinary) color monitors drift over time. Could they think that their monitors don't need to be recalibrated because they do not drift? In fact, why do monitors need re-calibration every 128 hours?

What makes you believe that display cannot be calibrated then profiled?

Ideally calibration takes place in the panel using matted hardware, in high bit with good controls over calibratiohn.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Those displays are factory calibrated but should be regularly checked and profiled. The software has some catching up to do - a bunch of field calibration and profiling features are supposed to be coming in a future OSX release.

Yes, you can do custom calibration, but you cannot use tools, such as i1Studio, because it generates an ICC profile. My iMac allows me to choose any ICC profile I like, but the XDR Pro does not. That is the basis of my question: why are ICC profiles not supported by the XDR Pro?