How are these colours achieved?

Hello,

A photographer I really like produces amazing work, shes called Elina Kechicheva - I was wondering if anyone knows the technique behind her work. LINK

The colours are so vivid its kind of like the autoschrome lumiere process but the highlights are never hit, the skin tones are always beautiful. It looks so dream like.. low contrasty images too. Looks very glassy ( if that's a good way to describe it )

It's not done with curves as they mess with the skin tones too much and make it too contrasty.

Any help would be great - thanks

Edited by William Michael

It's not done with curves as they mess with the skin tones too much and make it too contrasty.

Only if used carelessly!

Also changing to the LUV colour space allows manipulation of lightness completely separately from the colour pallette.

Pay no attention to images you see in fashion magazines or their online equivalent. They're all, without exception, heavily digitally manipulated by PhotoShop experts who do it day-in and day-out.

Only if used carelessly!

Also changing to the LUV colour space allows manipulation of lightness completely separately from the colour pallette.

Pay no attention to images you see in fashion magazines or their online equivalent. They're all, without exception, heavily digitally manipulated by PhotoShop experts who do it day-in and day-out.

Yes that's true for sure, but I cant see her process using curves. Ill look into LUV colour space - I haven't heard of this before.

Ahaha that is true too but I want to learn the techniques!