Rollei 35 S Battery

What battery should I use with this camera? I have a CRISCAM converter. What battery to use with the CRISCAM? H. Fleenor advised a PX76 with the converter but all I see is the PX76A. Are they the same?

I have tried the Duracell 625A and the meter seems to work with this battery although it supposedly is the wrong voltage. I compared it to the meter in my Nikon F3 and they are very close. (As far as I know the camera has not been converted.)

Any advice on batteries?

One of the issues I question about batteries and conversion is that the modern films unlike the older ('60s and '70s) have a much greater range and a half stop off would not be an issue.

Any and all comments, thank you.

The PX76 may also be referred to as the A76, 357, LR44, etc. The "A" indicates an alkaline battery. The silver-oxide version (SR44) will hold a near-constant voltage for most of its life, whereas the alkaline battery's voltage will gradually decrease with use, which can affect meter accuracy in many older cameras.

In cameras with voltage-sensitive meters, the slightly higher voltage of the alkaline battery (vs. the original 1.35v mercury battery) would cause a meter reading indicating underexposure. CdS meters can drift over time, though, sometimes enough to cancel out the underexposure effect of the higher-voltage battery, which may be why your meter reading appears about right with an alkaline battery.

625 silver oxide batteries used to be available, but I haven't seen them in a while.