Film Camera Week for June 1

Welcome, all to our new thread. As usual post as many images as you like from your film camera. I'll start with some shots from film I processed and scanned this week.

[ATTACH=full]1248001[/ATTACH]

Downtown office, Minolta SRT SCII with Tamron Adaptamatic 105mm f 2.5, Kentmere 100

[ATTACH=full]1248002[/ATTACH]

plenty to read without going inside, same gear as above

[ATTACH=full]1248003[/ATTACH]

Choir- same gear as above, lens used wide open at f 2.5

[ATTACH=full]1248004[/ATTACH]

Parking lot, Minolta XE-5 with Minolta MD Celtic 35mm f 2.8, HP5+

[ATTACH=full]1248005[/ATTACH]

typical summer clouds, same gear as previous image plus deep yellow filter

[ATTACH=full]1248006[/ATTACH]

the view from just outside the park, same gear as above

Looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

Nice work. Is the choir First Methodist in West Point?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, James, it is. One Sunday each month I run the sound board (located in the balcony) so it's a good spot to photography the choir or other groups. We're down to just the adult choir and a couple of children's choirs today, but when I was growing up we had five choirs, all with lots of members.

Just a few random photos from the last few weeks.... a bit a rush to use the Perceptol before it goes wrong; I much like the results I get with this developer, would be ideal if it existed in some version with long shelf life. But for now, it's nearly done, and then it's on to Pyrocat HD. Rick's results made me buy some, curious to get started with it myself!

Acros100_R6_23-05-18_0025.thumb.jpg.10441b58510cfbe091b03785210d51aa.jpg

Acros100_R6_23-05-18_0030.thumb.jpg.247d110610960f8c0ef62ad50a9b163e.jpg

Both Leica R6, Summicron-R 35mm, Acros 100 in Perceptol 1+1

FP4_YashicaD_31-05-18_0012.thumb.jpg.344da1ddaece59fc0e5d3846f3a8d9ba.jpg

Yashica D, FP4+ in Perceptol 1+3

• Like 5

Just a few random photos from the last few weeks.... a bit a rush to use the Perceptol before it goes wrong; I much like the results I get with this developer, would be ideal if it existed in some version with long shelf life. But for now, it's nearly done, and then it's on to Pyrocat HD. Rick's results made me buy some, curious to get started with it myself!

Hello Wouter

Make sure you use two separate syringes and two separate measuring beakers when mixing A and B make sure to mark each and only use them for that chemical. I found that I have to pour in A and mix and then pour in B and mix, I have had a couple times where I messed up and came out with nothing. I don't know how critical it is but I prewash for three minutes because that is what I had read and heard.

Rick and Bill and a couple of others can chime in and give thoughts on their proceedures

I do like the results I get when everything goes right.

Don

• Like 1

Hello everyone. You will LOVE the PyrocatHD !! Most pharmacy / chemist shops carry cough syrup syringes, get (2) of the 5ml size. Mark each with A & B. I use my Igloo set up and 3ml of A, then 3 ml of B go into my premeasured developer bottle. Invert several times & allow to "mellow" for 5 minutes or so. Like the PMK-Pyro mix, it takes a few minutes to activate. I also use a 3 minute presoak in DI water. My times are "generally" in the 15 minute range, your mileage may vary. Enjoy. Aloha, Bill
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention that if you purchase the PyrocatHD in glycol, the two bottles keep almost into ones old age. The current bottles under my sink are now 3 years old & are still working fine. I "test" drive my various developing chemicals (HD, MC, 510-Pyro) every 2-3 months. Of course my OA never gets "old". Aloha, Bill

OK, Hawaiian living (it's 78f, calm trades off the beach just down the driveway) has taken it's toll. . . I am blanking too much. When you start using the PyrocatHD, or any other Pyro type developer, make sure your fixer is alkaline based. . very important, as any type of acid in the fixer will strip the stain from the negative. Use plain water for the stop bath. Now, back to my breakfast fruit. Aloha, Bill

Thanks all :-) I stocked up on syringes, and indeed I got it in glycol, because of the shelf life. Alkaline fixer mixed up and ready too.... Once there are results, for sure I'll share, but first one more 35mm roll to finish up the perceptol, if the weather is decent enough tomorrow.

Wouter Willemse said:

I really like Perceptol, but the poor shelf life, limited capacity and expense put me off using it. If I had a handful of films to process I'd probably considering mixing up a batch, as the quality of the results takes some beating. I'm about to revert to Pyrocat HD as my current mix of PMK Pyro is almost finished and I have a pack of the Pyrocat to use up, but I can find very little difference in the results from the two developers. I import it in powder form and mix my own stock solutions, but they seem to have a shelf life approaching forever. Lots of good advice above from fellow members; definitely pre-soak, as suggested.

Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 1

It's the long weekend down here when we celebrate the birthday of Queen Elizabeth II. Our town is decked out in flags and bunting, and many visitors and locals dress up in "typically British" garb and come to town with their dogs and English cars. As usual for this time of the year the weather is unpredictable; I managed to get some shots yesterday in the course of a fine and warm afternoon, but today the rain is back with snow lowering on the hills behind me. I hope the rain clears overnight so the celebrations can continue tomorrow. I used a Bronica ETRs fitted with a 150mm Zenzanon MC f/3.5 lens, the film was Ilford HP5 Plus developed in PMK Pyro, and the negs were scanned on an Epson V700 using Silverfast SE software.

A couple of shots demonstrate our long shadows at 2.0 pm, as we approach the shortest day.

Queen's Birthday Shopping

692263825_QueensBirthdayShopping.thumb.jpg.e02b10df05cc82e797e20e3df62c4aa0.jpg

Bentley

Bentley.thumb.jpg.1fa7c72319245031a89c47fadb3e759d.jpg

1801360483_2pm-1.thumb.jpg.0dc88bb9a070b6b9687b027dde44c34b.jpg

1950.thumb.jpg.f31df204e769f7c041ea6b32b3f3159b.jpg

Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 5

OK, Hawaiian living (it's 78f, calm trades off the beach just down the driveway) has taken it's toll. . . I am blanking too much. When you start using the PyrocatHD, or any other Pyro type developer, make sure your fixer is alkaline based. . very important, as any type of acid in the fixer will strip the stain from the negative. Use plain water for the stop bath. Now, back to my breakfast fruit. Aloha, Bill

Where is your spirit of presenting the photos of current importance and history? At this moment you should be on your bike trvaversing the volcanic lava lakes on a high wire applying all you expertise to provide us with some entertaining shots for us in our living rooms. Where is your sense of commitment to share with us?

The dust was removed but I think it makes the picture a bit soft also.

Not sure how Epson scanners manage it, but the ICE dust reduction cannot be used with B&W films. The method used to detect dust and scratches may detect the silver crystals for dust. So thatr might explain the "softness" you see; probably worth scanning it again with the dust removal options disabled.

It's the long weekend down here when we celebrate the birthday of Queen Elizabeth II. Our town is decked out in flags and bunting, and many visitors and locals dress up in "typically British" garb and come to town with their dogs and English cars. As usual for this time of the year the weather is unpredictable; I managed to get some shots yesterday in the course of a fine and warm afternoon, but today the rain is back with snow lowering on the hills behind me. I hope the rain clears overnight so the celebrations can continue tomorrow. I used a Bronica ETRs fitted with a 150mm Zenzanon MC f/3.5 lens, the film was Ilford HP5 Plus developed in PMK Pyro, and the negs were scanned on an Epson V700 using Silverfast SE software.

A couple of shots demonstrate our long shadows at 2.0 pm, as we approach the shortest day.

Queen's Birthday Shopping

[ATTACH=full]1248426[/ATTACH]

Bentley

[ATTACH=full]1248427[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1248428[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1248429[/ATTACH]

Beautiful Bentley.

Morning everyone. Don, I submitted my application to National Geographic to cover the eruptions, but they turned me down when they saw my medical report about the knees. . . I guess they are considering the legal fall out (pun intended) of the lava OVER RUNNING me, due to my snails pace, in the case of an evacuation. . . I will let the younger guns cover this one. They will have some time with Madam Pele. Aloha, Bill

A few from a Contax RTS using either a 50mm Carl Zeiss Planar f/1.7, or a 42-75mm Yashica Zoom f/3.5-4.5. The film was Arista EDU Ultra 100 developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

Queen's Birthday Celebrations (Planar)

[ATTACH=full]1248153[/ATTACH]

Darn nice of the Royals to visit NZ en masse, like that. ;)

Conart 003

(Yashica)

[ATTACH=full]1248147[/ATTACH]

This is my favorite of the batch, although they're all nice. The word aratoi just leaps out of the image.

Very nice. I love shadow lines, like that last shot.

I love my Kiev 4– and my Zorki 2, my Retinaflex my Rebel and blah blah blah. But I still come back to my Signet 50 with that simple sunny 16 meter and synchro lens. No one else has anything to say about it so I guess it does not impress many. But I just love it and it’s convenience. Here it is with some Fuji 400 and BW conversion ain’t too shabby.. sorry I did not clean dust from scanner.scanner . And this day was incredibly overcast

Well, you're not entirely alone in your appreciation of the Signet 50. Someone at Camerapedia is also a fan, saying...

The Signet 50, like many of the American made Kodak cameras of the period, is a pleasure to use. The controls are mostly straight forward and the viewfinder is, in a word, excellent. The front element focusing Ektanar lens, while only composed of 3 elements, is capable of surprisingly good results. This is due to it having at least one element containing thorium oxide, which has high refractivity and low dispersion, not unlike today's highly touted ED/LD/UD glasses. Like many of Kodak's better lenses of this period, the lens is somewhat radioactive.

Bentley

[ATTACH=full]1248427[/ATTACH]

Just spectacular!

Well, you're not entirely alone in your appreciation of the Signet 50. Someone at Camerapedia is also a fan, saying...

The Signet 50, like many of the American made Kodak cameras of the period, is a pleasure to use. The controls are mostly straight forward and the viewfinder is, in a word, excellent. The front element focusing Ektanar lens, while only composed of 3 elements, is capable of surprisingly good results. This is due to it having at least one element containing thorium oxide, which has high refractivity and low dispersion, not unlike today's highly touted ED/LD/UD glasses. Like many of Kodak's better lenses of this period, the lens is somewhat radioactive.

Just spectacular!

The best part is when you look through the view finder it tells you if it is windy outside.

Okay, I'll bite. How does it tell you if it's windy outside?

In the view finder it tells you if you have to "wind" to the next frame. We all had some friends who were gullible and dumb. And seriously thry just could not understand why the camera would tell you that there was wind blowing. I swear I am not making this up.

• Like 1

Actually, now as I reminiscence and remember in the Pharmacy where I was a clerk in the 60"s there was a worse practial joker (he could sell the Brooklyn Bridge) then me. When customers were in the store he would ask me what the weather was and I would say let me check my camera. Then he would take them outside and show them what in said in the view finder. He would then make up stories and explanations about how it worked and why it was important in photography and some believed him and fascinated. while the rest of us had stomach cramps for the rest of the night from laughing.
  • Like 2