Pixels for thought

Maybe I was asking if there is truly creativity or if there is nothing new in our existence.

IMO, there's something new every day.

I think art and creativity have as much to do with what's personal and authentic as with what's new.

Maybe we are sorely lacking in conceptualizing.

Lack of conceptualization often negatively affects creativity and photography and can be responsible for photographic clichés, mindless snap-shooting, and Hallmark card-like sugary sentimentality. On the other hand, over-conceptualization can be tedious and come off as photographically self indulgent. I enjoy getting caught up in the counterpoint between spontaneity and thoughtfulness and finding different balances that work for me in different situations.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

..”mindless snap shooting “. I like that term. It close to what I do sometimes. I like spontaneity which for me is taking a lot of photos that MIGHT be good and sometimes I will get a photo I really like and even find ele ents that I did. To realize were there when I took the photo.

If we accept or assu:e the are a fixed number of pixels possible for a photo, and each pixel has a fixed number of qualifiers or flavors, then there are a finite number of permutations. That being the case, even though we may not have put it together yet, does the perfect picture already exist? Is there already a combination of elements that is superior to any other photo. Next. The question is is it art or can the perfect specimen be created just by coo;cadence?

Pixels aren't the only means of capturing a photo.

Maybe I was asking if there is truly creativity or if there is nothing new in our existence.

Maybe my actions and choices have been all predetermined as has everyone else's. But, I feel that I actually do have choices and that my path is not predetermined so I live my life accordingly. By the same token, I believe that creativity is a thing.