Beseler 3 Lens Turret w/ Nikkor 50mm + 150mm, Schneider Componon-S 80mm Lenses

PapaTango

After years of wrestling whether to set my film darkroom back up or not--digital has won the day--and the proposed new space converted to handle large format inkjet printing, dry mounting, and framing. This means many treasures that were acquired and served yeoman's duty in the past for the analog wet chemistry world now become available for someone else to practice their craft and photographic vision with!

This sale is for a fully loaded Beseler Model 8225 Three Lens Turret. If you are looking at this page you likely own a Beseler 45MX series enlarger with the square enlarger stage. The rotating turret adds the convenience of not having to swap lens boards when changing carrier format from 35mm, Medium (all sizes), and Large (4x5) negatives or transparencies. I put this bundle together about 12 years ago when I was running darkroom as part of my professional photographic business--and it performed brilliantly.

Included in this sale is:

• Beseler Model 8225 3 lens turret with standard lens retainer rings
  • Nikon EL-NIKKOR 50mm f2.8 lens (knurled ring model metal construction) for ~35mm and smaller formats
  • Schneider-Kreuznach Componon-S 80mm f4 lens (late illuminated scale and stopdown lever version) for MF 120/220/620 and similar format films
  • Nikon EL-NIKKOR 150mm f5.6 lens (standard metal construction series) for LF 4x5" and similar formats

The turret is free of any corrosion and the black anti-reflective surface is intact. Its rotating action is smooth and positive locking in position. All three lenses are clean, free of fungus or haze. f-stop rotation on all three is smooth and positively detenting. The surface coatings of the 80mm & 150mm are perfect and unscratched. There is some minor wear brassing on the barrel of the 150mm, and the Componon-S is in perfect exterior condition.

The NIKKOR 50mm has some minor brassing on the knurled aperture ring, a small area on the front objective (about 4mm x 2mm) along the edge of the bezel that came to me with slight fungus when I bought it those years ago. It was promptly disassembled, cleaned, treated with LensWerx solution, and reassembled. As such there is a very slight noticeable trace from the initial contamination--but the original multicoat was not destroyed, only a minor etching. It has no effect on the outstanding quality of the image, and otherwise the lens is clear, clean and free of fog. Unless I told you this might have gone unnoticed--but the full disclosure thing you know... :)

The iris blades on all three are clean, free of oil, debris, or any indication of friction wear. These lenses are prime and ready to work!

I don't really have any interest in breaking this down to sell piecemeal. I could have made a bit more in the process, but the nuisance factor of multiple sales, packing, time consumed and shipping do not make it worth it . If you are hesitating because you already have a piece or two of this--consider buying and making a nice part of your expense back reselling the surplus item(s) here, or somewhere like Fleabay or similar!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This turret only works on Beseler 45MX series enlargers with the square bellows stage having a 5" diameter plate throat. It will not fit the older, trapezoidal bellows models with the smaller lensboard standard.

PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD ONLY. I accept all major credit/debit cards. No money orders, checks, swaps, trades, or rainbow unicorns. :p

Shipping is actual cost, USPS Priority Mail ONLY to your registered PayPal address. No other shipping options are available. I DO NOT ship outside of the 48 contiguous United States. No exceptions. This item will ship in a Medium Priority Express box--insured with Signature Confirmation on delivery. This explains why shipping is a hair above the standard $13.60 flat cost rate. Someone must be at your home to receive the package--it will not simply be dropped off without a signature... I live in a rural area, so please allow one (1) business day to get it to the post office after completion of payment. Paymentis expected at the commitment to buy—the item will remain available to other buyers until payment is finalized.

Photos anyone? Got more closeups of front/back of lens if you wish

_DSC5097.JPG.fe6d40fe605145e717c47fcc39aba5c1.JPG

_DSC5083.JPG.d07530c9d99ed57c8ff9f919792ac292.JPG

_DSC5084.JPG.ab964a66f56d2f26a6f5e85d696c94cf.JPG

_DSC5096.JPG.b4a0eeaf36288bb8b04a81cfdca5a7a5.JPG

_DSC5094.JPG.255b7c8270c50e65a0cb14637aef1df4.JPG

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this, and yes it's long gone!  Part of me wishes that I still had this rig--and except for the money it's worth today I cannot imagine why.

A bunch of the enlarger stuff is still around.  My darkroom had two 45MXTs in it--one dichroic and the other condenser.  A few months back, I converted one of them to this:

image.png.ccd94c5893cb41b887c0721d05f91ee5.png

The camera mounts on the quick release, and plugs into the 7" monitor.  The bottom "easel" thingy is made to firmly hold Bessler negative carriers, and is lit by an LED plate below.  At an angle on both sides are 6" LED photo panels made adjustable by Neewer arms.  This rig copies MF/LF and serves as copy stand for digitizing ancient prints--hence the lights on the sides.  Beginning this winter, I plan on digitizing several thousand MF strips and 4x5" sheets.  What is nice is that this was all built out of flotsam and jetsam that has been acquired over the years for various projects and pursuits... 🤔

In another discussion over on Photrio, the topic is aligning the 45MXT--and an adjustable lens plate called the Delta Bes-Align.  I sold three of them when I sold the turret.  I wish I had them still, as the price is astonishing!

• Like 1

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!