Film Camera Week for June 23

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. Pink, and all you other "square format" users, Why compose for a "rectangle"??? Square prints, when presented in square frames, sell good for me... also get a lot of compliments ! Aloha, Bill[ATTACH=full]1194594[/ATTACH]

Michael Kenna is certainly doing well shooting square. It looks great. I just do not have a camera in that format which is why I do not shoot square.

Headed to Yosemite tomorrow. I was there on the 8th to hike Half Dome and did not take photos as I did not carry a camera. . I had planned to go back the next day and shoot but due to some blisters on my feet from the 19 mile hike I just went home. However tomorrow my wife and I are going back to Yosemite and on Tuesday maybe Hetch Hetchy or Tuolumne meadows will be the plan. . Hope to have some nice landscapes to share in next weeks thread. I also hope my wife will let me take a couple photos of her. I do not post family photos on photo net but they are my real interest in photography.

Well here are a few from the Rolleiflex I just got back from Harry Fleenor with a new Maxwell bright screen, big difference.

These are from a walk down a creek trail in Almaden Valley in San Jose, CA

I use Delta 100 HC110 Dil. B.

I had a double exposure on the first frame, I released the shutter and it did not crank so I hope it was just a fluke, as no further problems, except with the shooter himself.

It was kinda like I was a total newbie I forgot to focus on one and I forgot to take the lens cap off on the last 3 shots on the Minolta Himatic 7s that I was shooting with the Delta 400 that will get developed later this week.

Again some good some eh!

785291587_Rolleiflex149Delta100branchagain.thumb.jpg.98330a4eab8ac35a2a6cca420a4d874f.jpg

Don, you're gonna love that Maxwell screen. *UBER* fragile. If a blower brush won't get a bit off - proceed w/ extreme caution. The local factory 'blad service said I could expect 2 more stops of light from my pre-acutematte screen. It seems to deliver. The Rollei screen was a bit more reasonable. 'Blad w/ split/grid/microprism was just south of $400.

It would appear your Rollei likes it. :)

As the 10-day Normandy "breakout" trip approaches, here's a couple from last year's big trip through Belgium,

Taken with a Contax II, 85mm f/2 Sonnar and Fomapan 200 Creative

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg154/albums/userpics/10001/FT1609600.jpg

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg154/albums/userpics/10001/FT1609619.jpg

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg154/albums/userpics/10001/FT1609661.jpg

• Like 2

Don, you're gonna love that Maxwell screen. *UBER* fragile. If a blower brush won't get a bit off - proceed w/ extreme caution. The local factory 'blad service said I could expect 2 more stops of light from my pre-acutematte screen. It seems to deliver. The Rollei screen was a bit more reasonable. 'Blad w/ split/grid/microprism was just south of $400.

It would appear your Rollei likes it. :)

Hello Pinklather

The Maxwell screen really helped the Rolleiflex, like night and day.

I got one for my Hasselblad 500cm many years ago I think I only paid around 200.00 for it, Here is a photo from many years ago from the Reagan Library.

1496371297_ReaganLibraryBerlinwall.thumb.jpg.fe3f05186a056e566e0ee00a2c8ff966.jpg