Film Camera Weekend for March 31

Rick - lovely examples from the Pentax 67. A great system with excellent optics, to be sure. Unfortunately I need to have a light kit, and often shoot handheld - from what I've read the Pentax 67 seems to be best used on a tripod, and is a heavy beast to boot. So I might try and extend the loan of the SWC from my friend for as long as I can.

I've decided that I'll hang on to my kidneys - I may need them to fund some other exotic camera gear that takes my fancy!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your'e right, Rajmohan, the Pentax 67 is a heavy beast. However, don't believe all the hype about the necessity to use the camera on a tripod; with a standard lens or shorter focal length, I have no trouble shooting at 1/60th handheld, providing I wasn't partying the night before... Most of the perceived vibration and noise occur after the exposure is complete. Still, I would like a Superwide...

Your'e right, Rajmohan, the Pentax 67 is a heavy beast. However, don't believe all the hype about the necessity to use the camera on a tripod; with a standard lens or shorter focal length, I have no trouble shooting at 1/60th handheld, providing I wasn't partying the night before... Most of the perceived vibration and noise occur after the exposure is complete. Still, I would like a Superwide...

Rick - unfortunately the weight constraint is due to my back injury (what might unkindly be described as 'a weak spine'!), so carrying a P67 system is sadly too much of a stretch, even thought I'd love to try it.

Great work with the Hassey Rajmohan. I think that kidney has to go!

Tony

Thank you, Tony. You're right - I'm blessed with two, and I only really need one!! :)

I was sort of invited to post here, but we shall see if sensibilities are outraged. ;)

Some of you know I've been working my way up or down from early AF cameras to early digital cameras.

Here are a couple of snaps illustrating the new and presumably improved AF on one of the last of the Mohicans -- The Nikon F90 (=N90 in USA). The body of this camera was used to make some of the first digital cameras.

The issue for Nikon was focus, so these are aimed at showing that:

• Focus in the near dark

• Nikon-f90-25-e.jpg.58b6c382faa04d4c670184d0250aa033.jpg

• candle light with Nikon F90

And the second was a test of near focus. I never challenge the speed of AF so much as I do the ability to "lock on"

• Nikon-f90-11.jpg.b453eed31131f5f6e2b6858b1bed896c.jpg

• leaves of grass

all Fuji 200

• 2 weeks later...