Critque Forum Malaise

Since PN2 the Critque Forum has changed. There appears to be a few new faces which is good, there appears to be some old faces who have returned which is also good. But a lot of the main supporters up to the change appeared to have disappeared, which is not so good.

The rating system which was far from perfect has been replaced by the admire option, but this is not being used (or at least poorly used). The critque forum has always been my first port of call and I find the present situation very disappointing.

One thing has resulted from this I now know more about the general world of forums, the extent of which I was unaware.............PN1 is dead but please all members embrace what we have and make it work............Best regards GC.

Edited by Gerald Cafferty
  • Like 1

please all members embrace what we have and make it work

Thanks for the heads-up on the Critique Forum, Gerald. I've been meaning to dive back in, and your post made me do it. I've just spent a very pleasant hour wandering through the critique page--there are some really nice images posted, and I'll be visiting it regularly from here on in.

Leslie thanks for your reply. But I am now regretting adding,

"please all members embrace what we have and make it work"

Because that was not the purpose of my post, I was hoping for something about the concerns I have. Namely the loss of many members who in the past have been the mainstay of the Critque Forum, and also the changes in its feel.

Also why was it bumped into the Site Help thats not where I posted it.

Regards Gerald

Edited by Gerald Cafferty

GC, I miss the site, I liked looking at photos, submitting critiques and being a regular participant. Since joining P.N every single day I came to the site I learned something. I have worked with other sites and none did the job this site once did for me. Now I come back, every day, tool around for a bit but somehow it's lost that lovin feeling and God do I miss it.

Also why was it bumped into the Site Help thats not where I posted it.

I wasn't the one that moved it but it was moved because it's about site usage, not a photography conversation. If you post in the wrong forum, it will usually get moved. That's not unique to photo.net, it happens on most moderated forums that want to keep a sense of continuity and clarity.

GC/TB

I share the sentiments you have expressed. I can't tell the difference between a bug and a design flaw. I struggle to find my forum posts to see if anyone has read them or replied. My folders are not in the same order my sort order says they are in. The few images I post are getting a miniscule number of views. It is thoroughly depressing.

I wasn't the one that moved it but it was moved because it's about site usage, not a photography conversation. If you post in the wrong forum, it will usually get moved. That's not unique to photo.net, it happens on most moderated forums that want to keep a sense of continuity and clarity.

Spearhead, I take your point but I wasn't looking for "Site Help" I wanted a discussion on a subject I feel with passion. I can't speak for others but two members have endorsed my sentiments, up to the changes the Critque Forum was a thriving community of like minded people.It's core has been depleted by general despair, resulting in a loss of support from a lot of folks I liked to think of as friends.................Regards Gerald C.

Gerald, I share your sentiments and feelings. I do find difficulty in expressing my thoughts on a forum, but share your views. Removing the rating system has done more harm than good. It was a way for members to "get involved", not just for the member receiving the rating but also for the members giving the scores. To contribute gave members a way to belong to the community, that community is now a shadow of it's former self. Seeking critique and site activity in general now seems very disappointing in quality and quantity, the admire option does not work with out any feedback for those who use it, please replace it. Best regards Ken Ratcliffe. Edited by Ken Ratcliffe