Sign-in cookie?

wogears

Couldn't figure out how to search a single forum, so forgive me if this has been asked. On the "old" site, I would be logged in every time I loaded the site. Now I can access parts of the site, like this forum, and not realize that I am not signed in. Why doesn't my login set a cookie so I don't have to re-login every time I visit the site.

Today, I wanted to reply to a thread, so I hit "Reply". Nothing happened, until I noticed a small "you must sign-in" at the bottom of the screen. I signed in, and was NOT taken back to the thread, so I had to fuss around to find it again.

This is also my one of my many big peeves with the new site, all it takes is a 'stay logged in' box to tick, really, why not?

It pisses me off that much that I have joined APUG, Rangefindeforum and Flickr and giving up here, it's just become a pain in the arse to use, not consumer friendly. In fact on my new smartphone logging in is a real pain so I simply don't bother, I only use my laptop for this site.

And yes I have copied this same comment into other threads on the subject, we're hardly the only people pissed off about this.

• Like 1