Should I buy one more body for street? (Ltm)

I am a big fan of 2nd bodies. OTOH I am reluctant to suggest a RF-less Leica. - How is it supposed to work as a backup for your III that might break i.e. need a CLA within the next 3 decades?

My 21mm goes on an M3 with dim RF patch, that is still shootable just not as coneveniently as my M4-P or the digitals. I'd suggest getting a II as a functional backup for LTM street shooting.

• Like 1

My opinion - if you are not sure, don't buy anything just yet. I think it makes sense to buy equipment that has brings a feature that does not exist in the equipment you currently own.

But there is another way of looking at it. I do believe that one should always have two camera bodies with the same mount. That alone might be a good reason to buy a second body. (Of course for specific jobs/projects, you can always rent, but that's a different thing). If the cost is not going to put a significant dent in your savings, and you are going to use the camera, then go for it. :-)

• Like 1

How much weight will you be saving with IF vs II? Have you pondered a finderless Bessa too? - I have no clue what going rates for these might be now. In doubt: You can never go wrong with an M2+ adapter.

One thing that kept me from getting any rangemeterless body: With film you have to finish a roll before you can tell your story. - Don't get me wrong, I love my 21mm. But how much or little work is it doing? - Last family Xmas 1/7th... - So how long would it take me to get 2 dozen ultra wide shots together? If I am not dropping back on selfies & nocturnal cityscapes: "Quite a while". For that reason I'd love to be able to mount something else on the ultrawide body after the last official roll in the other one. - OK everybody has different needs and maybe you are never shooting anything that people want to see soon(ish). You could also clip your roll, waste a few frames cutting a new leader and confuse yourself with less predictable film length.