Photobooks with InDesign

Digitaldog, you are highly knowledgeable, with a lot to offer in this forum. You can also be an unbearable @** if challenged. Welcome to the club ;)

As yet, no challenge. Just facts.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

"Park" would have been a better word than "drive."

<br><br>I was working a lot with consultants in Detroit in the early 90's, who had just come from a job at GM. Workers could drive any car they want, but salaried and management would have to park in a remote lot if they drove anything but a GM product.

• 2 weeks later...
Do I? Yes, the thousands of images processed by Bruce's customers using the product he (and I) developed to apply specific output sharpening for differing devices! Do you really believe that output sharpening based on the files resolution has changed since 2003? As if halftone and contone and ink jet devices have changed too? No. If you actually understand what Bruce proposes, produced and was accepted by Adobe (and others), you'll see that capture sharpening and output sharpening are both independent from each other, based on the image resolution and specifically targeted for a group of output devices. So no, nothing has changed since 2003 expect displays and sharpening for that output (and some products have been updated for this change; like 4K displays). Halftone, contone and inkjet dots haven't.

To answer your specific question, both 300 DPI (and the associated LPI) as well as the MP of the device (after capture sharpening based on that) is accounted for in a product properly designed using Bruce's concept. Now that IS NOT the case in Lightroom! Which is what was asked above just to remind you. For a halftone OR a Contone output because again, Adobe did NOT build that into the product; only output sharpening for screen and inkjet. I know this as a fact because Adobe licensed these two and only these two conditions from Bruce and his partners!

Has the tendency towards some makers developing their cameras without low pass filters changed the manner of input sharpening? I would imagine one would use much less.