Classic Manual Camera Weekend for Feb. 24

Yes, sure takes one back... It's like driving an old Commodore Amiga. The workaround worked on the 365 Day thread so I'll try again here.<BR><BR>

I opened a new roll of Arista EDU Ultra 100 this afternoon. This emulsion can vary from batch to batch, so I loaded a cassette into a Yashica FR1 fitted with a Yashica ML 42-75mm f/3.5-4.5 lens. Having processed the film in PMK Pyro I'm pleased with the results; this batch has the sparkle I look for in this film. Here's a sample.<BR><BR><BR><BR>1048699592_Morris1000.jpg.32fe77aeae00bbc5433be49a9170e79b.jpg

<BR><BR>

Morris 1000

• Like 1

Rick you must live in a pretty nice town with those cool houses and cars all around. My friend drove around in a Morris Minor back in the day when we all got out of the Army. It was a nice car actually. It seems like they had a wagon model also but I am not sure.

My son loves Arista 100 edu and buys it in bulk. He also uses Arista liquid developer with it.

Yes, Ross, it is a pretty little place. It cultivates it's historic past as a tourist attraction, and there are many old vehicles. There is a nice "station wagon" or "shooting brake" version of the Morris 1000, all wooden frames and very collectable. Your son and I seem to be on the same wavelength regarding the Arista. Thanks for your help Dave; so far, so good. This little car is original, still on cross-ply tyres; it's for sale and according to the seller's pitch it's named "Miriam"....

We have a town down the road a few miles that does the same thing. San Juan Bautista, Calif. It has a historic looking downtown, a Mission that was built by slave labor Indians back in the day. . They have a car show every year but they have a bar right on the main street and because of that the street is dominated by the Harley guys who come from far and near to drink there. They smoke on the sidewalk which is an issue if you want to walk past as they will not move out of the way. They have a Pioneer Days, antique fair day, art day, the car show and a couple others and it's fun to walk around and take some pictures.

It's nice to see classics like this still on the road. I remember from visiting NZ 25 years ago the wide variety of cars: old Triumphs, Minis, Australian-made Holdens and Fords, Kiwi-assembled Mitsubishis, American cars converted to right-hand drive, eastern European imports (Skoda, Lada)...cars now all seem to look the same.

Well, since it seems to be a slow weekend on CMC, I'll continue with this Morris 1000 thread; I went downtown this morning and, lo and behold, there was one of the tidiest Morris 1000 estate wagon I've seen in a long time. These Morris Travellers, to give them their correct name, are rare even down here and this example is also in original condition. I can only think that there must be an Owners Club rally being held locally. I couldn't get anything other than a couple of basic angles of the vehicle, but I'll post a couple of images for those members who have expressed an interest. Actually, I felt a little bit of hankering stirring within me... The Morris Traveller is definitely cute. Camera was a Nikon FE with the Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8 (Model 01A). Film, once again, was Arista EDU Ultra 100 developed in PMK Pyro.<BR><BR>234307713_Morris10000estate.jpg.6d7302575fa759a1d0d0d9eab8d61575.jpg<BR><BR>

Morris Traveller

Rick, you just had to do it !. . . Morris Minors !. . . my first English car, then a TD, then a Sprite Mk II. . . .finally a Porsche Speedster before I was enrolled in a 12 step. . . you just had to break 30+ years of "clean & sober living". . now I am checking Craigslist. 699996860_2k13-PTMM-032-004ces10-nsig-m.jpg.095d8acb2b3d942d0aa184745c2c1542.jpg Aside, I knew this picture was in my files. From 2013 on a trip (with my RB-67's) to Pt. Townsend in Puget Sound, Wa. Aloha, Bill

Well here goes ..my first foray since the face lift.

I just developed some film from a few weeks back. These are from a walking tour with a Ihagee Exa 1a. I have the 35mm Flektogon mounted. This Agfa APX100 (alleged Kentmere). was souped in Tanol Speed for 13 minutes. These are not scans as I have no compatible driver, but just screen shots.

<br>

<br>

2017-02-26_160816.jpg.41f106d7d8446e64ad5a6d0457e6bf17.jpg

<br>

<br>

Frozen leaves on the path

Edited by chuck_foreman|1