Image resizing, pixel vs dimensions

I have hundreds of my favourite photos that I have collected over the years and use as a desktop background in Windows 10. I now want to add an on screen title to each one using Photoshop. To save time (I thought) I resized every photo (using IrfanView 64) so that they each had the same pixel dimension (I chose 2400 X 3500). In Photoshop I choose the font size I wanted for the first one but found that each one needed a different font size. Why is this?

Surely the font size is proportional to the pixel number and not the dimension and resolution? If the font size needed is proportional the dimension and resolution, then how can I include this in a batch size change?

Photoshop fonts are vectors until you rasterize them. You can leave text as vectors, so it can be edited or modified, or rasterize (flatten) them so they are locked into the image. Font size is absolute, hence subject to the size of the image in absolute terms (inches, etc).

Thanks for the info. It seems that I will have to change the image dimensions and resolution of all my images first to enable me to use the same font size for every photo. Does anyone know how this can be done in bulk? I have over 700 photos I want to label up.