Looking at the original A77 as a cheap upgrade body

starvy

<p>I have been semi-pro for most of 2014. I used an A450 as my main and an A100 as the backup. I finally sold the A100 in December. I am now turning pro and want to get another body that offers a bit more resolution and durability than the A450.<br>

I can't afford the latest version A77 so looking at the mark I which came out in 2011. Money is tight but I believe that the original A77 should give me another 18 months at least. If the business picks up instantly, I can look at an upgrade later in the year. Going to an SLT or a bigger body does not bother me because I know that my budget does not allow me to look for smaller and newer more capable alternatives.<br>

I shoot portraits and the odd event. My lenses are Sigma 24mm, Minolta 28mm, Minolta 50mm & Sony 85mm. When I am shooting outdoors, in good light I also use a converted East German 135mm Zeiss lens.<br>

I'd appreciate some opinions on the A77. I know that the wireless feature and better low light capability in the A77 mark II is very good but I really can't afford it. </p>

<p>I love my A77, actually I have two of them. It's a fantastic camera and can be purchased at very reasonable prices. My second body is a refurbished camera. I'm not a pro but I love having a 2nd body with me. For what you do and your limited budget it doesn't sound like you need the A77II. After you buy the A77 you might want to consider the 16-50/2.8 SSM, it's a fantastic lens and imo it produces images that are as good as my small collection of primes.</p>