Time for the A99

james_f6

<p>Just got back from my Tax Accountant, and was expecting $100 back, but after all the Rebates and Deductions I am getting back $4000 Aus.<br>

So with my new candy money that I certainly was not expecting, I am seriously thinking about getting the A99.<br>

I currently have a Konica Minolta 7D, Sony A700 and Sony A65.<br>

I did hold one some time ago for a minute, and I know people on here have one. Should I take the dive and get it while I finally have the money. Or stick with what I got.</p>

<p>Here's the stock answer: depends on what you shoot. The a99 is a very nice FF camera but it's not as fast as the a77, for instance.</p>

<p>Personally, if I had trully free money, I'd invest in glass. Good glass keeps its value. But I already have a FF camera, so that's an easy choice. </p>

<p>Yeah, I have some nice lenses already, going back to my Minolta days. I just think that my next evolution with Sony has to be Full Frame.<br>

I take Portraits, and landscapes mainly, Getting more into night photography. So I think the full frame pretty much ticks all those boxes.<br>

It's not so much about "Wow everyone, I got a Full Frame Camera" because honestly Sony among my Camera friends is still the deformed child that people lock under the stairs.<br>

Not worried so much about speed, but the fact that for what I take, Full Frame ticks all those boxes.</p>

<p>You can't have too many cameras I reckon<G> If you choose to, you can live on another planet with a ff sensor, I've made 30"x40" prints on an epson 9890 with great ease (meaning I'm not that particularly skilful with a printer) If you want to make large, richly saturated, tack sharp prints go for it.</p>

<p>Yeah, not really interested in the E-Mount System, it will be about 2-3 weeks in any case for the refund to come through.<br /> But I cannot really see anything in the full frame A-Mount system coming soon.<br /> I think it will be a month, I am hearing rumors that prices will drop.<br>

I am getting annoyed though that there is a real limit to Full frame lenses, I am getting sick of seeing the D or Di symbol which means the A99 will crop the image.</p>