My "new" XE's

riffeym

<p>Hi Michael,</p>

<p>OK, i know this is a long-dead thread, but.........</p>

<p>So, i just bought an XE-7 in EXC+ cosmetic condition, but reported as having a "sticky film advance lever". Is this similar to the problem you experienced? When you disassembled your XE-7 did you remove the top, bottom or both plates?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Hey Frank!</p>

<p>Yeah, my camera was sold as a "parts" camera with a stuck winder. I removed the bottom plate and I unscrewed the top cap for the film advance lever so I could actually remove the lever. Once I did that, I saw that some of the parts were put on incorrectly - which solved my problem. Removing the bottom plate is a good place to start. Sometimes the problem is a piece of film (or crud) that has become jammed in the wind mechanism.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>Mike : D</p>

<p>Thanks Michael!</p>

<p>I'm hoping this is the case with mine. Do you recall if the advance lever return springs were accessible through the bottom plate? Otherwise i'll have to remove the top plate and i'm less inclined to do this with an electronic camera.</p>

<p>Thanks !!!</p>

<p>frank</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the return springs being accessible through the bottom plate, Frank. This was the first time opening up an XE-7 so I was "flying blind", so to speak! I was so happy that my XE was working again that I just buttoned it back up again.</p>

<p>Mike : D</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...