W/NW "It's cold outside!"

jbs

First, I must appologize to Michael Hohner for mispelling his name ,

I was not doing my usual cut and paste. (thanx csab' józsa). Second,

thank you to Sam M-M ,and Thomas Sullivan for the visuals.;) right on topic!

Irregardless (love that word) of the quality of the photo, it is about communicating

with and about photographs. Thus, the title of the thread beginning with W/NW. Which,

interestingly enough, is very much the same as PN as a whole.

Also; Michael Moon, is that your real name? It's very cool! Thanks for the critique (I think),

but there has been no manipulation (other than slight sharpen and rotation) here and no

colour changes. This photo was taken after the first snow this year in Texas (not a usual event).

You can see the snow on the trees. The line is the railroad track on a hill. The warm glow of the

street lamp at 4am gives a juxtaposion to the image. Hence, the confusion about the feel and

title of the image.

csab' józsa , feb 26, 2004; 09:20 a.m.

<i>"It doesn't say COLD at all."</i> -I agree. Actually, to me it says the opposite a bit...

~Eggs'actly~

After re-reading I can see how my attempt at humour could be mistaken as a flame therefore I

appologize for the mis-interpretation and/or poor choice of words.

Georg Kern & all those who only like PN forums to be about tech issues and absolutely

dislike communicating with images in said forums, why are you giving answeres in a W/NW thread?

You can't tell me that you guys or gals don't know what that means..... and I must comment on this one Georg:

"BTW, the fact that Leica and Nikon owners do this in their own forums does not mean that it is any good

(maybe it just means the opposite)."

Communication is good in my opinion.

Whether with photos or paint or song or words.

David Bedell: I'll try to keep it at a minimum....;)...J

Finally (thankfully) Unless the moderators tell me otherwise I will continue to post W/NW threads.

If you don't have a pertinent comment or photo, go to another thread and talk about developing times.

Have A Wonderful Day...;)...J

PS> Love it...and ( 30 sec, f-3.5, iso 100, Minolta DiMage 7i, Rotate~crop and sharpen)

I hear ya Chris,

"Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

nonstandard : REGARDLESS

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead. "

Too much of a fire starter eh?~ But it's cold out side....;)..J

OK, Captain, I'm guilty of repeating catch-phrases. I also use "fair enough" and other expressions quite often. From one captain (US Army) to another, I hope you'll let it slide this time. I promise it'll probably happen again.

Sam -- Camera was level. Horizons often aren't, especially in canyon country, and this is one example.