W/NW "It's cold outside!"

jbs

Sorry Micheal~ Does this offend you? Just trying to brighten it up around here. It sure gets stuffy and boreing. would you like it if asked a question like...can you tell me what f~stop I used on this Photo? Can you tell me what kind of exposure time might make the ambient colour? "Does anyone know what kind of camera took this picture?"

The Minolta Forum needs more press Micheal. I assume you shoot Minolta why not show us all how you can think with pictures and not just complain, or at least complain with a picture...it's an exercise Micheal, go ahead flex...:)...J

And Micheal make sure you run over to the Lieca forum and tell them to stop communicating with pictures too....and by the way; intermittent means "not continuous" or in the case of a seven minute developing time agitate once a minute for 10 seconds.... ;)...J

"Nikon - for the discussion of Nikon manual and autofocus cameras, lenses and accessories."

They do it too why is minolta different and what are the different rules at Lieca & Nikon? Why are you picking on me? did I offend you Are you better than me?

I am respecting the rules sweetie. Again why is this foum different from the others?....:)...J

Sorry Micheal,

Just reading your web site and now I know from whence you come.... I have offended you...I'm using "DIGITAL"

"Only with a mirror reflex system one can take really good photographs and develop oneself further photographically."

I humbly appologize and will now shoot my camera and then myself...

hahahahahaha....you know it's kinda cold outside...anyone shoot "real" pictures with real Minolta cameras?

Have a wonderful day.....;)...J

Again, I have nothing against your picture, your equipment, your nose or whatever. I just ask you to stay on topic. The fact that these pictures were taken with Minolta equipment doesn't make it topical. The fact that other users in other forums are just as careless doesn't make it topical, either.

<p>I won't follow you into a cheap flame war with personal attacks.

As far as I noticed, the words/no words threads are about a restricted topic, and they become, with the contributions of different persons, a nice presentation of the subject, and, quite often, great discussions rise.

The rules regarding posting words/no words type threads on every forum have to be decided by the forum moderator. Some forum moderators on photo.net decided to forbid it, some did not. Which one of us is a minolta forum moderator? I am not, that's sure... Jay? Michael? If both of you, you should decide in private and stop this, as Michael suggests. If one or none of you, there's no argueing, thus, let's stop this.

BTW, he is Michael and not Micheal. Seven<?> times misspelling cannot be typo anymore, Jay.

Cheers.

The problem with this thread isn't whether there should be a picture posted here - the problem is the picture. It doesn't say COLD at all. Plus, what's with that straight horizontal line? The problem with this thread is that the picture has no redeeming artistic qualities whatsoever. The equipment used to produce it is irrelevant. The sepia deal is cute but doesn't rescue the image. This is not a good plug for our beloved Minolta equipment.

Sorry folks, but I like this forum because it's an easy way to ask / answer technical questions regarding photography with Minolta equipment. If somebody likes to put mediocre pictures into a public place to have them praised by other people who like to do the same thing, there is already a perfect website established: photocommunity. So hope this stops before it really has begun. BTW, the fact that Leica and Nikon owners do this in their own forums does not mean that it is any good (maybe it just means the opposite).

Regards Georg

I'd suggest we simply always mark W/NW files as such, and then those who prefer the non-pictoral formats can avoid them.

My observation: the W/NW postings bring more people to these forums and improve all the threads. Even though I agree that a lot of the pictures posted in W/NW (especially in the Leica forum) aren't the photog's strongest work!

I think a words/no words thread every week or two is great. That's probably around the right percentage, though. The Leica Forum can be overrun with them. ;-)

So I absolutely think people should post them, but perhaps two in such a short period of time was too much. ;-)

Incidentally, I find it very sad that people would resort to personal attacks. Why try to hurt the feelings of another human being?

By the by, I don't have an issue with "no words" threads in the Minolta forum -- other groups do it, no reason we shouldn't. I did have a bit of an issue with posting several series of photos of questionable taste, but I think those were different because he didn't invite photographic dialogue, so to speak.

"No words" threads, on the other hand, give Minolta users the chance to speak with pictures, and they're topical here because, if for no other reason, they are examples of the kinds of pictures that Minolta equipment can produce. (Just be sure to include technical details so we can tell what you shot it with!)

Excellent points and great picture, Christian (though I think you want to watch that horizon line a bit ;)). I can feel a cold wind sweeping across that scene.

My shot above was taken with a little 300si and a 50/1.4 (a situation where the 1.4 was appreciated!). I don't have the setting (the 300si doesn't give them to you - all automatic with a vengance), but it was handheld and a longish exposure.