Is Robert Byrd ok?

chris1664876655

Why was he deleted. His last 4 posts showed that he was offended, but nothing that warranted being banned from this forum.

Like his photos though - the subject matter is quite pleasant to look at after a long day's work. Is he still staying at Babe Ruth's old house?

yeah

he has his own ideas about a forum and posting things, and some people were not too tolerant(to say it nicely). He was really upset/hurt by a stupid fight provoked by his "tanned skin" type posts. People easily forget about the useful contributions of somebody and get involved in a wordfight just because it's so easy to do so(on the Net,at least)

of course, you don't miss something until it's still around...

human nature.

When I first joined this group a few months ago,in the summer, I enjoyed very much Robert's posts, even if I didn't like some of the photos that caused the controversy. I know that this forum is about Minolta technical matters, but what about people?

Perhaps this is not the forum to discuss personal matters and/or a chat-room, but somehow, posts like Robert's ones were giving it some spicy flavour and life to this forum, making it different to just a technical support hotline. Hope Robert is of and shooting photos. In my opinion, I think his absence is a loss for this group.