Leica Stereoly Vorsatz Stereo Attachment question

justin_ng1

<p>I've not delved too much into stereo photography beyond the brief ownership once of a Stereo Realist camera, but the various viewers should be inexpensive enough to try and see how well the effect is presented using slides produced with the Leitz attachment.</p>

<p>Is there a common/standard distance the slides are fitted and viewed between all devices? I just don't know enough to know.</p>

<p>It's interesting how the guy on that site wound up using the device on a digital camera to create digital stereo images.</p>

<p>You could make two prints, mount them appropriately spaced for the usual stereoscope viewer.</p>

<p>I presume it makes two images on a 35mm full frame, so the size would be the same as half frame. Mount them in half frame slide mounts, and view them through two handheld slide viewers mounted together in some way.</p>

<p> </p>

-- glen

<blockquote>

<p>Yea, or just use 3d glasses from cinemas? Haha</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You know that won't work: right?</p>

<p>The pic will look 3D when your eyes are aligned correctly with images, i.e there will be a superior perception of depth and of spatial relationships between objects. I am told it is a neat thing.</p>

Robin Smith