muttled negatives

<p>I have been developing color negatives (120 roll and 35mm) at home for a few years now using C41 Unicolor chemistry with generally very favorable results. Just started 4x5 using same chemistry and have not been as fortunate (link to images below)<br /> Some facts:<br /> 1. C41 chemistry was just mixed about 3 weeks ago. This was first negs developed using this batch. The powdered chemistry was stored unopened in plastic sealed container. May have been about 2 years old prior to mixing.<br /> 2. The 2 shots of the grain elevator were taken with Shen Hao and the lake shots taken with Intrepid using 210 mm and 90mm <br /> 3. Developed in Patterson tank with MOD54, agitation, timing and temp per instructions.<br /> 4. I noticed upon washing negs that they were touching slightly, slipped out of slots ( I believe this is the issue)<br /> 5. Confirmed chemicals covered film in tank<br /> Would appreciated any insight anyone may have. Thanks much.<br>

<br /> Ralph<br>

<br /> http://goo.gl/photos/ZXL9PY9ZBhKKjtYQ7</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I had film come out of the slots in a FR and Combi Plan tanks. I trashed the bad negatives and tried again.<br>

I've never had a problem since I switched to Jobo.<br>

98% + chance your bad negatives are from them coming out of the slot. Too narrow of a space betweem negatives prevents adequate chemical contact/flow over the negative. Problem negatives should have a picture of the negative not just a positive from them. Take a photo of the negative on a light box or hold it in front of your monitor with a blank file (text editor or photoshop) with a white background open. </p>

<p>Wow Bethe. . . that is unbelievable. Appreciate the insight. That is likely it. I am using Toyo and purchased in July 2016 from B&H. Too coincidental. Also, took an indoor shot today. . no problem at all. </p>

<p>Charles, thank you as well. My suspicion is I have 2 problems here a same time. Some of the issue was with touching negatives. Notice the bark on the tree . . much different defect from the blotchy defect. </p>

<p>Thanks much to both of you.</p>