Firefox Incompatibility

fmueller

<p>For some time now I have not been able to post in the forums using Firefox (latest version), my preferred browser for many years. I thought you folks might sort this out at some stage, but so far no go. What gives?</p>

<p>Here is the error message I got in Firefox. Same posting made in Chrome, no problem, so it's not HTML or any tag. I am using none!</p>

<blockquote>

<h2>Problem with Your Input</h2>

<p>We had a problem processing your entry:</p>

<ul>

<ul>Because of abuse by spammmers, we can't accept submission of any HTML containing any of the following tags:</ul>

</ul>

<p><code>applet area base body button div embed fieldset font form frame frameset head html iframe ilayer input layer link marquee meta object option pre script select span style textarea /applet /area /base /body /button /div /embed /fieldset /font /form /frame /frameset /head /html /iframe /ilayer /input /layer /link /marquee /meta /object /pre /script /span /style</code>Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think this is not Firefox, but the new exclusions policies filtering out something.<br>

Are you editing in something else and pasting into Firefox?<br>

Are you using any now-forbidden non-Roman fonts?<br>

Though I have no idea why Chrome would work, and Firefox not. I only get the 'Problem with Input' message when doing something like the above practices....</p>

<p>Frank - it is not Firefox, which I use exclusively. I encountered the same message a few weeks back one time, and found that I had typed something which triggered that message. After a little frustration and retyping, all was well as it had previously been and has ever been since.</p>

<p>The problem doesn't appear to be Firefox. I posted a test message to Photo.net using version 45.0 and had no trouble. I then updated to Firefox 48.0 and again was able to post a message to this site without any issues.</p>
David H

<p>I concur with the other respondents. For my entire current tenure in PN, I have used FF with no issues. Just updated from 47 to 48 without a hitch. As a thought, are you running any add-ons or plugins? If so, make sure that they are all up to date.</p>

<p>As a check to see if this is the root of the problem, go to your FF settings and disable ALL of your plugins. Then make a post to the test board and see if the problem has gone away. If so, repeat by enabling them one at a time--posting and noting the result. In this way, the culprit--if an add-on or plug in--can be identified and corrected.</p>

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

<p>Thanks for the feedback. I've had the problem for weeks and weeks, including multiple computers. Some posts I just typed a few words in the browser - yes, sometimes my posts are not too wordy ;-)</p>

<p>Anyhow, in those cases I know there are no tags. I use only one Plugin/Add-on, which is the one you cannot even name*. Frankly, if the choice is between using he who must not be named and PN, I will have to find myself a new Photo Site, and I've been a member here since back when you would get a response from Phil Greenspun himself when you complained about BS like this. Oh well.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>* It appears that you are trying to suggest the user of an VOLDEMORT plugin to someone. While we don't set up the site in a way that keep people with VOLDEMORT from using it, we also do not allow users to promote the use of those plugins. The site relies on advertising money to run successfully. Without it, no programmers, no new hardware, no improvements, and no staff. If you are not trying to suggest the use of one of these plugins, our apologies. But please find a different way to say what you are trying to get across.</em><br>

<em> </em></p>

</blockquote>

<p><em><br /></em>I think the cretins mean 'use of' rather than 'user of'. The latter makes no sense grammatically. And don't get me started on the missing 3rd person singular s in keeps. <em>Oh tempores, oh mores!</em></p>

<p>Somehow you have managed to make a post, not including the original topic. This is confusing, as your inability to define what plugin you might have. Given that, the remainder of whatever may occur here is really frivolous.</p>

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

<p>Patrick - PM with explanation send. I already said I have no problem posting when using Chrome.<br>

<br /> For the rest of the audience, I am posting an image with the name of the add-on I am using. It will presumably be deleted by a moderator in due course.</p><div>00e5Vd-564789684.jpg.e3c5c5880e882ad3c669c6e87b70d356.jpg</div>