Thanks to the "No Words" Forum

<p>This is just a Thank You note to all who contribute to "No Words", and especially to those who are the most regular contributors. Your posts are a themed tapestry of talents and imagination. You carry my interest in photography each day as I go through the threads. Please don't go away...keep your good work (and play) coming.<br>

Charles Fletcher</p>

<p>I really enjoy these threads too! One of the best parts is that most of the photos are not "high style" or overworked--but just good shots taken by photographers catching the little things of everyday life. Some good stuff in there!</p>

<p>The topics also force me to delve about in this mess of megabytes I have acquired and see what is there that might be appropriate. Sometimes I am surprised by what I find...</p>

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

<p>To me the lack of compliments is one of the aspects I value most about the No Words forum. If I want to say how much I appreciate a posted photo I can do so off board. The absence of praise comments means that no one has to feel left out and no one feels pressure to produce a 'Wow!' photo to distort their natural photography.<br>

<br />Ann, great that you are thinking about posting. Please do! </p>

<p>I agree Charles, all who contribute making the No Words forum a regular pleasure for many, deserve a great thanks. </p>

<p>Indeed the No Words forum is a place where we share the wealth of creative photographical imagination associated to whatever topic is chosen to be launched by someone. We all learn from it, through mutual inspiration. <br>

Increasing the number of contributions to each topic should be our main objective, more than increasing the number of daily topics.</p>

<p>I enjoy contributing to the No Words forum mostly for reasons that have already been stated, but also for the challenge of finding suitable photographs from my poorly organized files of over thirty thousand images. Often, I immediately think of a suitable image to contribute, but can not locate it immediately. When and if I do locate the image, I then try to update the file with a more suitable or extensive label. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>The absence of praise comments means that no one has to feel left out and no one feels pressure to produce a 'Wow!' photo to distort their natural photography.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I was thinking the same, Colin, but then it dawned on me that on the flip side it also has the potential of pointing out the tastes bad or good of the person offering the compliment. Not all No Words contributions knock it out of the ballpark including my own.</p>

<p>In this sense the less said verbally, the more the images do the talking. Like the soothing qualities of crowding around watching a campfire.</p>

<p>Hopefully one of these days Charles Fletcher, the OP, will contribute some of his images to NW seeing he's a 7 year PN subscriber.</p>

<p>Tim, thanks for the invite (challenge?). 18 months ago, I lost all of my photos to a computer attack. As much as that, I have developed some physical problems that limit my efforts. The reason I posted my thanks to this forum was that a monitor kindly advised me that it would be appropriate here, since many of you stop here.<br>

So far as "comments" regarding a specific photo, I will occasionaly message them to the contributor as i recently did for Julie H and Luis T.<br>

Again, Thanks to all at No Words.<br>

Charles Fletcher</p>

<p>Charles, sorry to hear about your loss of photos and physical problems that prevent you from posting in the NW forum. Hope things improve to the point you can enjoy photography and build a new body of photographic work as good or even better as the ones in your PN gallery and decide when it's best for you to post some in the NW forum.</p>

<p>Take care.</p>

<p>Tim.... I like your comment - "Like the soothing qualities of crowding around watching a campfire."<br>

That is exactly how I feel :o) It's nice to see everyone's take on the various topics. I love looking at photos anyway:o) And thank's Colin for your nice comment. I feel like a regular already :o)</p>