LR CC vs Bridge CC for organizing files

<blockquote>

<p>Is Bridge multi-user?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes. Multiple Bridge users, in photo editing and graphics departments, can access raw/xmp files through networks. The Lr catalog however can not be stored (reliably) on a network and have multiple users accessing it.</p>

<p>Photo Mechanic and Capture One are both at least 50% faster at raw file indigestion, doing meta data, and exporting from raw than Lightroom is. PM and CO are both popular to use along with Bridge and then Ps</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Can we see your photography website?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That question, and your <strong>misinformation</strong> about LR suggests you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer Eric.<br /> First off, if you click on my name, you'll find full transparency about me and my web site. Since that operation appears to be over your head, here's the direct link: http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=361342<br /> Hover your cursor and click on that text, it's called a link, it will take you to a page with information. Understand or do I have to create a video specifically for you? <br /> There you will find some links to my photography. Apparently you are unaware that PhotoNet provides an option for it's members to provide a gallery of their images. Further, have you ever used Google or searched https://www.linkedin.com for me? <br /> That you are <strong>unable</strong> to connect the dots here, in terms of finding samples of my photography, how does that in any way dismiss your <strong>wrong</strong> text about how LR operates? Answer: it doesn't. It does illustrate how you're not in a position to provide advise/advice here about the product you clearly don't understand how to use.<br>

<br /> The reason there's so much ignorance coming from you is that you are so eager to share it!</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<blockquote>

<p>Apologies, Andew. I appreciate your posts, very informative and useful.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And apologies back to you again and thanks. I could have been more clear. And in my last post to Sir Eric, I think I was. <G>. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>What a wind bag. Seriously, can we have a link to your photography? We've all seen your PN gallery of snap shots that hasn't been updated since 2005 and we've visited your lousy looking <a href="http://www.digitaldog.net/">.net (.net, really?) website </a>that flogs tutorials and articles on color management and icc profiles. But where's the photography? You consistently chime in acting like a photographer yet there's no evidence that you even take photos for the fun of it let alone apply any of your "digital dog" skills to them. Talk is cheap, why can't you just answer the ops question? (In fact, almost 90% of internship require bridge CC knowledges. Any ideas why photography industry prefer Bridge CC?) </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Lr can only see and locate digital files on drives, arrays, and disks that are connected to the computer.</p>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p><br />Wrong. That's why we build smart previews; to access and even edit files that are not connected to the computer. Once hooked up, because of the database storing these edits, it gets all applied to the data.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br />If it's wrong, then stop avoiding my question. In Lr, how do you export a full size 16 bit tiff from a dng that is disconnected from your computer and stored across town in a safety deposit box?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If it's wrong, then stop avoiding my question. In Lr, how do you export a full size 16 bit tiff from a dng that is disconnected from your computer and stored across town in a safety deposit box?<br>

</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You can edit a local or cloud copy of a smart preview, and those edits will be applied to the original image when that image is reconnected. The process is analogous to video editing using low bandwidth proxies, then re-connecting the original footage before rendering.<br>

<br>

Why would the original DNG be stored in a safe across town? A backup copy perhaps, but the original and only copy - nonsense! That's why we have things like networks, servers, VPNs, and cloud storage.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>What a wind bag.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>What a fact denier, evidence to follow:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Seriously, can we have a link to your photography?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The links are on my site and here! I guess I need to make that video teaching you how to use them (FWIW, there are at eight links on the main page of my site; do I need to teach you what a '<em>main</em>' web page means Eric?).</p>

<blockquote>

<p>We've all seen your PN gallery of snap shots that hasn't been updated since 2005</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Another example of your inability to understand and recognize facts, that, like your statement above about LR is <strong>wrong</strong>! See the link HERE on PhotoNet that states: <br /> <a href="/photodb/folder?folder_id=1075097">Gorman<strong>2014</strong>Workshops</a> - 9 photos (<a href="/photodb/slideshow?folder_id=1075097">slideshow</a>)<br /> News flash Eric, 2014 isn't the same year as 2005! But being the fact denier you are, this isn't a surprise to me and I suspect others.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Talk is cheap, why can't you just answer the ops question?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I did! The ONLY person asking stupid question and some <strong>wrong</strong> answers here is you sir! <br /> I understand the child in you is upset by writing something that's utterly wrong: <em>Lr can only see and locate digital files on drives, arrays, and disks that are connected to the computer.</em><br /> LR see's them fine though Smart Previews and allow us to edit them as well. I don’t know if you are purposely trying not to understand this, or if you are really struggling with it. Based on your well vetted inabilities written above, seems the later.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If it's wrong, then stop avoiding my question.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'm avoiding your stupidity in denying the facts; a pointless waste of time for me. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>You consistently chime in acting like a photographer yet there's no evidence that you even take photos for the fun of it let alone apply any of your "digital dog" skills to them.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action. Facts (not that they are something you understand):<br /> I graduated with honors from one of the best photo schools in the country if not the world (Art Center College of Design). <br /> <br /> I was on the board of the APA/LA when I was a working photographer there (full disclosure: I left in 1994, haven't shot an image for money since then). <br /> <br /> In 1984, I was hand picked to be one of only two photographers hired by the LA Olympic Committee, working for 7 months shooting the LA games. I was one of only 50 photographers <strong>in the world</strong> given access to every venue and location within the venue to shoot the 16 days of the games, the Olympic village; total photo carte blanche! So yeah, I've got some experience shooting sports in the days when auto-focus didn't exist and we captured on thousands of rolls of film. <br /> <br /> I shoot editorial for Forbes magazine for years. <br /> <br /> My advertising and corporate clients included Apple, Sony, Disney, Microsoft, Smart & Final, GTE. <br /> <br /> Years before anyone like you took snapshots and could get a stock agent, I was selected by Tony Stone (later Getty) to represent my images. <br /> <br /> Unlike you, I don't speak for the entire photo industry. Even though unlike you, I've got the above experience. <br /> <br /> Member of any photography organizations Eric, APA, ASMP or otherwise? Got a impressive (any) client list to share? Because there's really zero transparency about you here other than your gallery of old images* and a facebook link (https://www.facebook.com/EricMilnerPhotography) that isn't working (really, facebook?) You consistently chime in acting like a photographer but there's no evidence of that. <br /> <br /> *Further Eric hypocrisy; I can't find an image in your gallery here that's newer than 2012. So in your tiny mind, the date a photo is captured and uploaded somehow dismisses the fact that LR <strong>can</strong> see <strong>and</strong> edit images that are off line. Your statement continues to be <strong>wrong</strong>. No amount of my photo background changes that thankfully.</p>

<p>And more fluff. Just links to your photography is all that is asked. And when you come back with them, maybe you answer the question? In Lr, how do you export a full size 16 bit tiff from a dng that is disconnected from your computer?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>And more fluff</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Those would be <strong>facts</strong> but as a massive fact denier, your text was expected. Meanwhile, the questions asked of you, to show your photo chops, client list and (really, facebook?) page that doesn't work has been ignored by you. So typical! </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Just links to your photography is all that is asked.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>And I provided them</strong>! That you're unable to figure out how to click on them and see the photo's (here or on my web site) only illustrates you're really not too sharp Eric~.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>In Lr, how do you export a full size 16 bit tiff from a dng that is disconnected from your computer?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Time to play the new game for PhotoNet members (no, actually just one) called "<em>Stupid Software Questions</em>". In this game, our host Eric~ posts text as a software authority only to prove to his <em>peers</em> that his text probably should be ignored. In this game, we'll provide multiple choice <strong>stupid</strong> questions anyone who has studied a software product shouldn’t have to ask but our resident photographer and software/hardware expert and host will ask anyway.</p>

<p>Pick the one that illustrates "<em>This is a really stupid software question and Eric~ should know better than ask</em>:"</p>

<p>Your options today are:</p>

<ol>

<li>In Bridge, how do you open a Microsoft Word doc and edit the text?</li>

<li>In LR, how do you open a Excel doc and enter a calculation?</li>

<li>In LR, how do you export a full size 16 bit tiff from a dng that is disconnected from your computer and stored across town in a safety deposit box?</li>

<li>Where in Photoshop is the tool to download your bank statements before reconciling your checking account?</li>

<li>If a tree falls in the forest and no <em>real</em> photographers are shooting snapshots of dogs or street people nearby, how do you record that sound in Bridge?</li>

</ol>

<p><strong>Bonus question</strong>: How old do photo's have to be in a PhotoNet gallery before the questions above are not idiotic?</p>

<ol>

<li>1 year</li>

<li>5 years</li>

<li>1 million years</li>

<li>They are all idiotic, always and forever</li>

</ol>