Pre-owned gear

ussorca

<p>In addition to KEH, two other reputable vendors of used equipment are B&H and Adorama. And, of course, you can buy refurbished gear. I have purchased refurbs from both Canon and Adorama. The one I bought from Adorama was actually refurbished by Canon. Particularly if you watch for sales, these can be a very good deal. The things I have purchased as refurbs--one body and two lenses--were essentially like new.</p>

<p>I buy "pre-owned" gear from KEH most often, occasionally even new stuff from them. Often they are cheaper than "sold" prices for the same items on eBay. Even the "bargain" items I have got from them have been in great, often like-new, condition.</p>

<p>I do sometimes buy used from B&H or Adorama. It all depends on what is in stock, where; and with used things that is not a given.</p>

<p>All three are good sources for GOOD used stuff, and all are good on returns when things turn out to have problems or glitches.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I, too recommend KEH, Adorama and B&H. I also recommend used (look at the rating) and refurbished gear. I rarely buy new gear. I've been doing this for over 65 years and some of that time professionally. I rarely bought new gear. Remember all the rental gear and all your new gear is used once you press the shutter or turn an aperture or focus ring.</p>