Nova Prisma ASA 100

Found this color negative film in a local photo store. It's an expired film - manufactured in December 2006 and best before May 2008.

Appears to be a European film rolled in India. The store guy couldn't give me any information about this film. Is this film familiar to you?

Any information and sample pictures you can share?<div>00e4Ko-564561584.thumb.jpeg.cc2a49ea8ad0b88ac45b03ea013f7fab.jpeg</div>

<p>If it was coated in Europe it might have been made at the Solaris plant, which provided film for private labels as well as export. The bulk film would likely go to a factory closer to distribution point for packaging and boxing in individual rolls. Unless kept cool, it will probably show some color shifts so you might not want to use it for important photos.</p>

<p>Real US photo stores, not drug stores that happen to sell film, usually keep the stock refrigerated. Then, for the non-professional films, store at room temperature just before the sale.</p>

<p>As more and more films sold are professional films, more and more are sold from the refrigerator. </p>

<p>I know much of India is pretty warm, so I might hope they keep the film cool.</p>

-- glen

<p>Mike, JDM, Glen, and Tony - Thanks for the response. I searched web for information on this film but I found nothing! Some old timers in Bangalore vaguely remembered the film but didn't have anything significant to say about it. The seller said he got the rolls from some customer of his and doesn't know whether it was properly stored - sold as is. I will shoot a roll and see what it has got to offer. I'm thinking of giving the film an extra stop of exposure considering its age. Or maybe I should try some shots at 25 and 100 too. </p>