canon 10-18 vs sigma 10-20 3.5

shane_ollenberger

<p>I have the older version of the Sigma 10-20 and it has been very satisfactory.<br>

A "objective" test of the Canon is available at the tests at Photozone.de. They used to have the Sigma 10-20s also.<br>

I would discount the vendor "information" too. </p>

If you work with Canon's Digital Photo Professional, go with the Canon lens, because DPP will recognize the lens and

make the proper adjustments.

If you work with Lightroom, both lenses will do.

I have the Sigma, but if I were to go back, I would go for the Canon.

<p>I don't have either of those lenses, but I do have the Canon EF-S 10-22mm and I LOVE IT! I purchased the EF 24-70 f2.8 L (refurbished) from the Canon online store and suggest you look there for the 10-18mm to check the price. The refurbished lenses come with the same support that the new lenses have. Maybe the price will help you. If either the Sigma 10-20 or Canon 10-18 are as good as my 10-22 you will have a great lens.<br>

I use my 10-22 on a Canon 40D but that is the only EF-S lens I own. I also have a 5d Mark III and made a decision early on to purchase L series glass exclusively so that I could use it on any Canon body.<br>

Good luck with whatever lens you buy!</p>

<p>Go for Sigma, it is surely better that canon 10-18.<br>

I have used both btw... and was using sigma for more than 6 years without a complaint.<br>

It survived even a fall on rock also. So in both the aspects, image quality and built Sigma is better.<br>

btw you can you can read about tokina 11-16 also before making decision. It is a good lens if you are looking for faster lens.<br>

Not really useful for landscape but will be helpful in low for other purposes (if you have any)</p>

<p>Hi James<br /> I used Sigma for 6 years which was mine. 10-18 belongs to my firend, which I used couple of times myself plus we compare whatever we shot together on outings. That's when I noticed that it is not that great and my 10-18 owner friend also agrees with me <br /> I only parted with Sigma when I shifted to full frame.<br /> Prasad</p>