Praktica LTL 3 viewfinder is frosted over

<p>That's the normal appearance of the ground glass on a single-lens reflex (SLR) camera. The image is projected by the lens onto it, and you focus it as it resolves on that ground glass surface. <br>

Now, it's probably a lot coarser and dimmer than the ground glass on a West German or Japanese SLR. </p>

<p>Does the mirror descend and lock? It won't focus if there is no light.<br>

Check if the shutter works, if the speeds look OK by rough check of slow speeds, check lens to see if it opens up or closes down when you press pin on back of lens. Looks like you need to sit down with an actual person who has used one of these kind of things before to clarify.</p>

<p>The mirror descends and locks, the shutter is working on all speeds.<br />I've just discovered when I press the pin on the lens there is only slight movement, not full opening / closing.<br /><strong>Edit: Actually, this seems fine, sorry.</strong></p>

<p>Hi <strong>Aaron</strong>! I am puzzled because, even if the Fresnel screen is frosted you will get some image if the lens focuses. Please check if your lens is okay by trying to focus any image with the lens held about 3 or 4 Cms from a white wall. From the picture you have posted, the Fresnel screen seems okay to me. That is how all screens look when the lens is not mounted and focused.<br>

Kindly explain the problem in some more detail. That could make us understand the problem better. Best, sp.</p>

<p><strong>Aaron</strong>! Can you set the lens aperture on Manual mode and try changing the aperture. Say, what kind of lens is the one you have? Do you have any other M42 lens that you may try? Even with full opening of the aperture the lens should focus on the wall, as I suggested. If it odes not then someone has meddled with the lens elements and fitted them the wrong way. sp.</p>