Nikon F6 repair

ntd

<p>Does anyone know if Nikon still services the F6, and how is part availability?</p>

<p>The camera is still being produced in small runs, but there are some conflicting reports floating around regarding serviceability.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The F6 is still a "current" camera. Personally I doubt that Nikon is still producing it because that is not economical. My guess is that Nikon has stock piled a bunch of them and is selling them slowly, but apparently Nikon claims that they are actually still manufacturing it in very small quantities.</p>

<p>In any case, parts should still be available for a current camera. Can you check with Nikon directly?</p>

<p>I guess the F6 is a rare sight in many areas and certain service centers may not even know it still exists, let alone have the right tools, parts and software to perform maintenance on it. Therefore, i think their first reaction might be to refuse servicing it. This might explain some of the conflicting reports.<br>

<br />I will check with them when i get back from vacation and i will keep you updated.</p>

<p>Worst case your local Nikon rep can ship that F6 back to Japan for repair. I would imagine that parts shouldn't be an issue for at least a few more years. Nikon introduced the F6 back in 2004 just before the Photokina show.</p>

<p>This year's Photokina, which is held in even years, is coming up next month.</p>

<p>Rumor has it that none of the major camera makers are still <em>manufacturing</em> still film cameras, as opposed to <em>selling off</em> the products of production lines that have been shut down for some time.<br /> Does anyone actually <em>know</em>, as opposed to <em>opining</em>?</p>

<p>As for service -- well, everyone I knew who had an operating MG-TD by the late 1960s, had another one in their garage for spare parts, jes' sayin'.</p>

<p>Dimitris -<br>

I purchased a new F6 in May 2016 and received confirmation from Nikon USA that they are servicing both new and refurbished units. Also, check out nikonf6.net which has a testimonial on a recent experience getting the camera serviced ... short version ... positive experience. <br>

John</p>

• 8 months later...