Mystery Case, two of two

<p><strong>Hi All.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>A posting for a second case for whose use I do not know.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>This one is marked ‘Canon,’ is 3-1/4” X 3-1/4” X 2”. It has a 5-1/2” flap that wraps around the case and on one of the flat side are slotted segments for a 3/8” strap. The interior has a black flocked ledge ’separator’ that leaves enough space on one side to accommodate something as thick as a lens cap or filter. The wider open area that is left is about 1-1/4” wide. There is no part number on the case, just ‘Canon’ and ‘Made In Japan.’</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>I do not have any way to link to a URL so am unable to post a photo. That really creates an issue for me describing it in words.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>Does anyone know the application for this case? I would gladly give it to anyone who has the need for it.</strong></p>

"My film died of exposure."

<p>Hey Glen.</p>

<p>When I go to make a response with the "RESPONSE:" box, there is one button (a picture of a tree) on its toolbar for "Insert/Edit Image" and inside that box is only one choice offered: "Image URL."</p>

<p>So is there somewhere else to go, or what do I do from there? I had tried to contact an administrator a year or so back but apparently never got there? No feedback received. An actual "PHOTO" site such as this, should, if anything, offer a simple upload from a .jpg file. Very perplexing why this choice is not available. Over at another very popular site (RFF) it is a breeze to upload a .jpg.</p>

<p>Also a thumbnail posting is, of course, not going to be acceptable either.</p>

<p>When writing a response to a thread (or starting a thread) once you have finished writing and clicked 'submit' then up comes a box where you 'Confirm' or 'update' what you have written. If you click confirm then you go to a page where there is a box prompting for an image to upload. Use the Browse button to select your image (700 pixel side length max) give it a title then Upload it.</p>

<p>Well, mystery solved.</p>

<p>Just by accident, doing a search for a camera case, I ran across a listing for another brand of case that looks identical to the one about which I have queried, and it had "the parts" it contains shown for sale with it.</p>

<p>It is a Lens Hood case, and the smaller compartment is to store a lens cap / filter.</p>

<p>Now it all seems very obvious.</p>