PN 2.0

michaellinder

<p>Has anyone connected the survey results expressed by members in what they wanted changed and improved to anything they experienced in PN 2.0 sans the slow and buggy parts?</p>

<p>The only thing that stands out for me is the airy design with a predominance of increased image sizes and cropping decisions working to fit the design motif, which I like, but that's a subjective design call that can't be correlated to the functionality desired in the survey.</p>

<p>I mean I like the idea of displaying the EXIF data affixed in flush left/ragged right list sidebar to the right of images when uploaded to the No Words forum but it should be collapse-able so it doesn't distract from the image. That wasn't asked for in the survey or maybe I missed that part in the pdf.</p>

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>I mean I like the idea of displaying the EXIF data affixed in flush left/ragged right list sidebar to the right of images when uploaded to the No Words forum but it should be collapse-able <i>so it doesn't distract from the image</i>.</blockquote>

<p>Definitely to the last bit. Posts with images in the 2.0 forum on a phone had a tiny image followed by just over a screen full of EXIF data, whether we wanted it or not!<br />

<br />

The aesthetic certainly... changed. I don't mind a change, but there are usability issues to discuss. The mobile interface changed even more; maybe others (especially not in the fora) found it more usable than me. But the most popular part of the site does seem to be the fora, so I think we have to conclude that breaking that wasn't helpful. That's an old survey, though - as far as I know image upload and blocking nudes seem to work pretty well in the current 1.0. And what existing users want compared with what new users want may not be the same, but doesn't have to be incompatible: I maintain that a reason people frequent dpreview et al. is for the editorial content, of which pnet has only a trickle. Existing users happy in the fora are probably fine with this (I mostly am - I'll read dpreview separately for news); those coming new to the site and trying to discover what's on it may struggle somewhat more. I came here for Philip's articles, but they won't hold a modern audience for long.</p>