Why people still using Leica digital M?

<p>Benjamin, not sure if you ever had any intention of reading the replies here, but I know why I use Leica M digital and film cameras. It's the glass, simplicity of using the camera it self, and the fact that Leica cameras like the M240 and newer are more reliable than you may think & pair pretty much seamlessly with my M6TTL built in 2001 and my M3 built in 1956.<br /> <br /> But incase that is not enough for you, read this, especially the part about the motorcycle crash:<br /> http://rideearth.net/2016/05/04/leica-m-the-full-review/</p>

Price is never the best topic, and neither are the questions of why or how people can afford this or that.

For me, I love the cameras that I use, not based on price, but based on..... something else I can't put my finger on at the moment.

Backups? We don’t need no stinking ba #.’  _ ,    J

<p>Rabbits, pah! Why do they always breed... like rabbits.</p>

<p>I have noticed Leica film body prices are weakening a little as film users decline, but any Leica lens has really increased in price since I sold my Leica stuff in 2009. Needless to say I wish I still had it all.</p>

Robin Smith

Yep, I purchased a 35mm f2 Summicron ASPH in the late 90's for an M6 outfit, new, for $1,495.

Wound up selling my outfit and 10 years later, when I got back into the M system, picked up another 35mm f2 ASPH, this

time used, for over $2K, and new prices just went up again, along with the discounts going away on May 10.

The M262 I purchased new for $5,195 two months ago, is now $5,395.